• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

MUSCLE CARS: The Beauty of Classics & Moderns Super-Cars

The new Corvette is really HOT!!!
1639787172953.jpeg

The new Corvette is really HOT!!!
View attachment 3781410
I agree 100%. That's a beautiful car. Just look at the size of that wheel and tire combo. Outstanding! It's about time somebody walked the razors edge and came up with a winner. I would pull that in a garage and put a nice camshaft and Borla exhaust. With the right cam they can sound like and exotic. Not that it doesn't look like one.

Aston Martin DBS Superleggera​

1639787577982.jpeg

Thanks to its 5.2-litre twin-turbocharged V12 engine, there are few finer ways to tackle a cross-continental road trip than the Aston Martin DBS Superleggera. That’s assuming you can live with its 22.9mpg thirst.

With 725hp and 663 lb ft of torque, Aston’s GT supercar will hit 62mph in 3.4 seconds, before reaching a top speed of 221 mph. It even has four seats, although nobody will want to spend too long in the back.

Ferrari 812 Superfast​

1639787774891.jpeg

The 6.5-litre V12 in the Ferrari 812 Superfast is a fabulous engine. Aside from the soon-to-be-replaced Lamborghini Aventador, it’s the only naturally aspirated V12 engine in production. No superchargers, turbochargers or electric motors: just a ravenous hunger for revs.

It’s not as plush as a Bentley Continental GT, but it’s practical enough for crossing the odd continent in a superfast time. A 0-62mph time of 2.9 seconds and top speed of 211 mph leave you in little doubt that this Ferrari has what it takes to live up to its name.

‘We reckon the Ferrari 812 Superfast has the finest engine of any new car. With 800hp going through the rear wheels, it’s wildly intense’.

I agree 100%. That's a beautiful car. Just look at the size of that wheel and tire combo. Outstanding! It's about time somebody walked the razors edge and came up with a winner. I would pull that in a garage and put a nice camshaft and Borla exhaust. With the right cam they can sound like and exotic. Not that it doesn't look like one.
I totally agree.
I saw one at my job the other day, and I was a bit confused thinking it was a "Ferrari" -- No!! It was a Corvette. I think they hit the nice spot now, and came out with a super car, for sure!!!

I also think it's HP and Torque are highly underated for insurance purposes. 495 HP and 475 at the wheels. You usually loose about 15% through the drivetrain in a manual shift job. About 25% in a automatic. So what does that work out to at the crank?

Back
Top Bottom