My childhood gun collection.. The rarest you will fine.

We used to take those long gray, hollow Reeds and have spear fights with them from across either side of the creek.
Then we found out it was better if they were on fire.

One day there was a fishing tournament on a lake that was fed by this creek we played on.
I had an idea.
We wove a bunch of the reeds together to make a floating platform big enough to build a nice campfire on and sent it floating downstream,while we ran up to the top,of the hill ahead of the floating fire and watched it float down to the mouth of the lake where the fisherman were busy casting their bait mid tournament.
You should have seen the looks on their faces when that thing came floating into view....it was classic.
The funniest thing was that my buddy Ricky's Dad was fishing there and amidst the chuckling and comments from perplexed fisherman you hear this deep, loud voice yell " Riiiiickyyyy,"
We laughed our asses off and had fun talking about that one for years.

We attached chains to our bicycle tires and rode on the frozen lake it the winter time.

Yes we had stick fights, sword fights, and fake fought for hours after watching Bruce Lee marathons at my buddies house,mbut the best was when my next door neighbor, Brent's Mom brought home her first of many annual 55 gallon drum garbage bags full of fireworks from her Brothers fireworks shop in Ohio.

I can't tell you how many creative ways we found to blow things up, make things fly and wake the dead.
Good times and nobody lost a limb, but Imdid get a fat lip once when someone put a lady finger in my cigarette that my buddy gave me from a pack of Merits he stole from his Dad.

We were naughty but we played from dusk till dawn and only took breaks to eat or get bandaged up from road rash, bee sting relief or some sort of first aid.
If you couldn't find me in the woods all,you had to do is look for the tallest tree and I was most likely at the top of it just hanging out enjoying the view.

We had some interesting ice cream vendors come neighborhood.....we called them the goody bar man.....as was labeled on the van.

I remember one guy named Randy sold weed like Tommy Chong to the pothead kids out of the ice cream truck, but it all ended for him once the Parents found out he was passing out KKK fliers to them.....weird.....this was Pennsylvania in the early 80's.

Can't tell'you how many rolls of caps we busted with hammers.

Last edited:
dirt clods were a good one also,specially in the trenches

Many a black eye and bloody nose were caused by dirt clods in my childhood. We had lots of BB gun battles too, mine got confiscated when I shot the girl next door right between the eyes for saying I had cooties. Got one helluva ass whoopin for that one too. Lol

Back
Top Bottom