• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My mom passed away last week...

bjt0315

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
0   0
Reaction score
My mom passed away last Wednesday, March 15th. On my 9 year wedding anniversary. She was 88, just shy of her 89th birthday on May 2nd. She had not been doing well for awhile, so I figured it was just a matter of time, but it doesn't make it any easier. While I was not with her, she was surrounded by family and knew she was loved. My boss had actually sent me home from work to go be with her, but I was just leaving town when I got the news. That's one thing I hate about living in a different state. I'm just glad that I used my few consecutive days off the prior two weekends to spend time with her at least.

So far I've been ok. I was surrounded by family. Now that I'm back home with a little free time, it's weighing heavily on my heart. Her service was on Sunday. It was nice as far as funerals go I suppose. Us kids had to place a white rose on her. Two have passed away already so I had to place their roses too. That was so hard. I know in time it will get easier, but it's going to take some time.

Please keep my family and I in your prayers.

My mom and I when I was just a little baby girl.
20170322_191311.png

I can't imagine what you're going through. I can only hope that when this day comes for me I can be strong. I'm sorry for your loss. My mom is 84 and is in the early stages of dementia. I'm hoping that this summer I can talk her into coming to live with me so I can keep an eye on her and make sure that she's OK. I know the time is coming but I've seen an awful lot of death in my life I'm just not sure how it's going to affect me. I hope it gets easier for you. GOD bless and I will keep you in my prayers.

Back
Top Bottom