• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My prayer's have been answered

Brother hope you and yours had a Wonderful Christmas, Looking great! This is one hell of a great way to start off next year! I am just getting over the crud and this is a great pick me up! You will never know what a truly great thing you are doing! God Bless You Charlie!

You should have seen the first epoxy pour. Manufacturer said It would dry amber. I would call the color ‘Old piss with hints of puss’. Lol it was horrible. I added a proprietary, custom, powdered colorant, which we manufacture here in our shop (the laymen might call it a crushed charcoal briquette) which made it look much better. Fortunately I did a test pour that I knew I was going to cover anyway.

You should have seen the first epoxy pour. Manufacturer said I’d dried amber. I would call the color ‘Old piss with hints of puss. Lol it was horrible. I added a proprietary, custom, powdered colorant, which we manufacture here in our shop (the laymen might call it a crushed charcoal briquette) which made it look much better. Fortunately I did a test pour that I knew I was going to cover anyway.

Man for a second I thought you were referring to me!! I was going to Congratulated you, for such an accurate description of me! I was wrong, If you did it, it has to be good..May you have a Wonderful New Year! As I am have one already, with your Latest post..

I can't wait for the flames to be added! :thumb: :pound:

You missed em
AFE0FBD9-1F95-4A25-BD8B-FE5EDF2BEC76.jpeg

Today was get the epoxy off what it’s not suppose to be on day. I have a new found respect for DD today. In the process of filling the voids with epoxy, I got stuff all over the front of the sign. The stuff would just find little holes in the wood to ooze out of. The only way to get it off was to use a set of carving chisels and basically recarve the areas the epoxy filled. I have never carved anything and after doing this today I honestly have no idea how DD hand carved this sign. If you don’t know it is not the letters that add carved. It is the rest of the sign and I know now it was even more work than I had imagined. I am impressed.

01EAD776-E111-4783-9368-D00009329074.jpeg
2A7FE890-CE5C-4120-A673-63D7726DDCBF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom