• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me ATI furniture. Because we all know how much more ATI is known for their quality over Tapco. Actually they are both ****.

I reckon you are right to a degree, maybe I am just an idiot for placing value on someone's word.

As of this post, I have not had any further response from the guy that I traded with. If I don't hear anything tonight, then I will post negative feed back and share the details with everyone here. I just like to give him a chance to make good on it, or at least restore my faith in mankind and make an attempt.

Luke

I reckon you are right to a degree, maybe I am just an idiot for placing value on someone's word.

As of this post, I have not had any further response from the guy that I traded with. If I don't hear anything tonight, then I will post negative feed back and share the details with everyone here. I just like to give him a chance to make good on it, or at least restore my faith in mankind and make an attempt.

Luke

Make sure he has at least been back online since you sent the message and had a chance to respond. You can see when he was last online by clicking on his profile it will say last activity time....This is a good way to judge peoples seriousness when working out trades/deals if you sent a PM and they d not respond after being on multiple times then I can just write them off as a flake.

up to you luke, but i'm not sure i'd leave a neg. after so much time, and you said you didn't think the guy knew. not sure whats right. he's traded off your rifle. crappy deal all around.

Make sure he has at least been back online since you sent the message and had a chance to respond. You can see when he was last online by clicking on his profile it will say last activity time....This is a good way to judge peoples seriousness when working out trades/deals if you sent a PM and they d not respond after being on multiple times then I can just write them off as a flake.

We have been conversing by email, even most of the communication concerning the trade was done by email. I am trying to give him time to make an attempt to do the the right thing.

up to you luke, but i'm not sure i'd leave a neg. after so much time, and you said you didn't think the guy knew. not sure whats right. he's traded off your rifle. crappy deal all around.

Bear, the thing that bothers me about it is that so far all I got from him is an "oooops, you can call the guy I got it from." Not getting a warm feeling. He hasn't said that he traded it off.

even if he didn't know about the issue with the gun , i doubt he will trade back with you now knowing the issue with it! yeah, it would be the right thing to do but he is probably thinking is this guy for real , he think i'm gonna trade back now! Would you trade back? Don't just say you would to look good for the ODT peeps, it would be a hard decision to make and i don't know if i would, considering i didn't know that about the rifle before.

Bear, the thing that bothers me about it is that so far all I got from him is an "oooops, you can call the guy I got it from." Not getting a warm feeling. He hasn't said that he traded it off.

What makes you think he is not the one that bubbad the rifle to begin with,or that he did not know about it before he traded with you?

This is the way that I see it. A while back (back when the other board was in full swing), I traded a 1911 to a fellow that is a member here. He turned around and traded it to the another member, who reported a problem with it (several weeks later). Of course the second party contacted the guy that I traded with who in turn contacted me. I told him that I would be glad to swap back with him, but of course, he didn't have it anymore. Long story short. The second party and I got together, order a new hammer and Fire Control Group, I installed it and bam, all parties were satisfied. Having a good reputation meant to me than passing the buck.

Luke

This is the way to do it... good job man...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom