• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about this one...

Misrepresenting an item is bad business, but man, you've got to be more attentive before you let an AR go for a bubba'd Mini. The description and pics should raise some serious red flags...

You gentleman don't seeem to understand, there was at least two other people besides myself that looked at it and didn't notice anything strange but the ornament on the end. The engineer that bogered it up did a pretty good job, it looked like a bull barrel with some type of jig on it. Maybe the mistake is taking people at their word. Guesss I will know better the next time.

So far, he has given me the name of who he got it from, but hasn't offered to make it right.

I feel a long list of "well I got it from so and so, it isn't my fault!" proceeded by the actual person who did it not repling. Good luck to you.

I feel a long list of "well I got it from so and so, it isn't my fault!" proceeded by the actual person who did it not repling. Good luck to you.

That is the impression that I got from him last night in his email. I tried to explain that I didn't deal with the other guy, and there is no way for me to know what was said between them, all I know is what was said between the two of us.

Luke

All the bubba stuff aside ...... how does it shoot ??

Or have you shot it yett ??

Haven't put one round down her yet. I left her at my house outside of Vidalia after the trade, just went back this weekend and got it. I will shoot it next week, maybe it surprise me and make me feel better about it.

Luke

When you buy a used car, any discrepancies are handled between you and the person you bought it from, not the previous 5 owners. Even if it was something done by one of the previous owners it still falls back on whoever sold it last.. This should be no different. But like RNC said, have ya shot it yet? It might not be what you were expecting but it just might shoot like you wanted.

sorry to hear. even tho its been a while, my conscience would kill me if i'd traded it to you. guess some folks don't care.

When you buy a used car, any discrepancies are handled between you and the person you bought it from, not the previous 5 owners. Even if it was something done by one of the previous owners it still falls back on whoever sold it last.. This should be no different. But like RNC said, have ya shot it yet? It might not be what you were expecting but it just might shoot like you wanted.

This is the way that I see it. A while back (back when the other board was in full swing), I traded a 1911 to a fellow that is a member here. He turned around and traded it to the another member, who reported a problem with it (several weeks later). Of course the second party contacted the guy that I traded with who in turn contacted me. I told him that I would be glad to swap back with him, but of course, he didn't have it anymore. Long story short. The second party and I got together, order a new hammer and Fire Control Group, I installed it and bam, all parties were satisfied. Having a good reputation meant to me than passing the buck.

Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom