• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My weekend started off bad

that would be the safe thing for all to call in serial numbers for items in question before purchase. I never really thought about this till now either.

In this case it doesn't seem like having the serial number would have helped. The boat was registered so it seems like it would be legitimate. Hard to believe if reported stolen that it could be registered. Sounds like the registration had changed a few times and DNR did not flag it. I don't know what the current owner could have done differently to prevent this.

I stole a boat recently...$500 for this beauty.
5104552_20150601074221316_1_LARGE.jpg

In this case it doesn't seem like having the serial number would have helped. The boat was registered so it seems like it would be legitimate. Hard to believe if reported stolen that it could be registered. Sounds like the registration had changed a few times and DNR did not flag it. I don't know what the current owner could have done differently to prevent this.
I totally agree with you. I would had fall into it as well, since the financing company had it all and they (supposedly) did the job checking the legitimacy of the deal... How in the world he would think this thing was stolen?

The stickers and Hull ID tag were fakes. They were done professionally and looked exactly like factory. I guess Georgia does not check to see if they are valid numbers prior to registering.

that would be the safe thing for all to call in serial numbers for items in question before purchase. I never really thought about this till now either.

You can put a legit serial number on a stolen item and then sell it. Alabama was a favorite state to do this in in the 60s and 70s.

Just buy a wreck WITH a good title, cut the ID tag off the good item, attach to stolen item, and sell it on an open title. Done.

Same thing with a stolen boat, except no title, just a registration.

You can put a legit serial number on a stolen item and then sell it. Alabama was a favorite state to do this in in the 60s and 70s.

Just buy a wreck WITH a good title, cut the ID tag off the good item, attach to stolen item, and sell it on an open title. Done.

Same thing with a stolen boat, except no title, just a registration.
I think you just taught a lot of us in here in "How To..!" lol :becky::becky::becky:

Back
Top Bottom