• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NCAA players to get paid an have agents

The common deception is that the public is led to believe that they are students in the first place. For many coaches, a lot of time is spent keeping them out of jail and managing their rap-sheets.

BS. Comes from endorsements and tv contracts. My cable bill is 30 bucks extra every month because of those contracts. Then they show me countless commercials. Nothing is free and we all pay but when it comes to college ball few get the money. I never turn on a game to see Saban on the sideline but he gets the cash.

Who is forcing you to pay it?. Don't like it, cancel it and maybe you can sleep better at night. You are also paying for all the other BS 100+ useless Chanel's as well. Put your money where your mouth is and cancel that crap altogether.

Who is forcing you to pay it?. Don't like it, cancel it and maybe you can sleep better at night. You are also paying for all the other BS 100+ useless Chanel's as well. Put your money where your mouth is and cancel that crap altogether.

I have no problem paying for things I want to watch. I think my money should go to those that earn it though.

If you think Trevor Lawrence went to Clemson to play school you are beyond naive. And let’s not forget that they have no opportunity to apply their trade at the professional level straight out of high school because the NFL has a rule that prohibits it. College football is nothing more than a stop gap for the elite level players. If they didn’t have to go to college, they wouldn’t.

I'm fine with it. Look at how much money these kids bring in to the schools. Big time Division 1 athletes make their schools and coaches millions. Plus it might keep them in school longer instead of going pro as soon as they can. I think basketball suffers from that way more than football. Those kids go pro at 18-19 now.

It's crazy the amount of money top athletes make their colleges, then they go to the NFL where there are salary caps restricting what they make, and people have the nerve to say they're overpaid. They are quite literally underpaid. Yeah I said it, that multi million dollar professional athlete everyone loves to hate is underpaid.
A whole bunch of wrong info in this thread. The only Athletics program in colleges in GA that might be self sustaining is UGA. Every other one is subsidised by GA taxpayers/tuition/student fees. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. To the tune of tens of millions of dollars. The only sport that might pay for itself in Division I is football. But it is not the only sport that shcool Athletic programs have. When taking as a whole, with track and field, soccer, cheerleading, basketball and voleyball, etc thrown in, Athletic programs cost more to run than they bring in.
None of Division II Athletic programs pay for themselves, including football.

A whole bunch of wrong info in this thread. The only Athletics program in colleges in GA that might be self sustaining is UGA. Every other one is subsidised by GA taxpayers/tuition/student fees. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. To the tune of tens of millions of dollars. The only sport that might pay for itself in Division I is football. But it is not the only sport that shcool Athletic programs have. When taking as a whole, with track and field, soccer, cheerleading, basketball and voleyball, etc thrown in, Athletic programs cost more to run than they bring in.
None of Division II Athletic programs pay for themselves, including football.

The point is if players get paid, Athletic scholarships will go away and schools will have to divirt funds fynds from Academics to Athletics on a scale not seen before. Academics is already taking a loss by not getting tution from athletes , they will be madder than riled bees that now they have to pay salaries to student Athletes.
The wrong information in this thread is y'all thinking this has anything to do with the schools paying the players. Nothing in the two links in the OP says anything about schools paying players. It simply allows them to make money on their own branding themselves.

Reactions: GFB
The wrong information in this thread is y'all thinking this has anything to do with the schools paying the players. Nothing in the two links in the OP says anything about schools paying players. It simply allows them to make money on their own branding themselves.
You are right about that, I edited my post. But I believe hiring agents and endorsements is a first step. Being paid a salary is the next step. No every student athlete will get an endorsement contract. It will be "unfair" if they all do not get some kind of base compensation.

Back
Top Bottom