• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NEED ADVICE ON RUNNING( JOGGING) SHOES

Very good info in this thread.. this comment sir is exactly what I was concerned about.. being heavy and wearing shoes out way sooner than I wanted too especially at the prices for good shoes..

They will let you know when they are done and you will regret trying to stretch a few more runs out of them.

I try to retire them into normal kick around shoes, but unfortunately I prefer to wear boots unless I am wearing shorts and the old saying that “the ugliest shoes are the most comfortable” hold true. Most of my running shoes are hideous and can’t be worn for much else.

Where can I go to try any of these shoes out in person? A certain type of store.. ACADAMY, or a higher end shoe store?
Hi there, I highly suggest going to an outfitter, one of the best for footwear is Outdoor76, they have a location in Clayton GA, and Franklin NC. I'd also suggest starting with walking instead of running. Running is pretty rough on your joints.

As others have said definitely go to a running shoe store. They know what's up even if you don't buy from them you'll get good information. Running shoes are a very personal thing. Everyone's idea of what is best is unique to them. Saucony or New Balance for me but several have been okay. I just can't wear Nike. Far too narrow and they are just sphincters in general. So there's that.
Good luck and stay at it!

They will let you know when they are done and you will regret trying to stretch a few more runs out of them.

I try to retire them into normal kick around shoes, but unfortunately I prefer to wear boots unless I am wearing shorts and the old saying that “the ugliest shoes are the most comfortable” hold true. Most of my running shoes are hideous and can’t be worn for much else.
LOL, I think you're right......

Go to a New Balance store and walk on their pad. Find out if you walk neutral, on the outside, or the inside of your foot.

You can buy your first pair there (if you choose), but after that, buy last year's model online.

Learn where you walk on your feet, then get the correct shoe for it.

I wear New Balance as my running shoe. Tried a pair of Brooks, the Ghost Model, but prefer the NB

My daughter ran XC, indoor and outdoor track in college. I'm a BIG guy and she recommended Brooks running shoes. I walk and shuffle in them. Very comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom