• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Advice! What would you do with your 1500$! Gun purchase!

dvlerin41

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
54   0
Reaction score
So I got a nice bonus check from work this week! An i got the appoval from the lady friend to use the whole check to buy a gun or guns ;)

I have been wanting to replace my Sig 1911 i sold a few months a go with another 1911.

I have been eyeing a Dan Wesson for a few years now, but I also recently been wanting to get me an AR for fun.

I could buy the Dan Wesson (either Valor, Guardian, or CCO) this takes up all of my 1500$ I have to spend

Or do I buy a used kimber/springfiled and AR? I am kinda scarred if I buy any other 1911 I am gonna be disappointed down the road and wish i would of gotton the DW. I mean AR's have become pretty cheap now and it wouldnt be too hard to save a little more down the road to get one.

I am a mechanic by trade, so i view my carry peice as a tool. I learned real fast why mechanics spend the extra for Mac, Snapon, Matco tools when it comes to some everyday used tools. Ex. I will buy snap-on ratchets all day but the sockets can be cheap throwaways. Those few extra smooth teeth in a snap-on sure makes a nice difference.

Buy both Ar15 and Springfield XDM 9mm both cheap to shoot. I just bought the XDM 9mm and found that the trigger pull is longer but when you get the hang of it you don't even notice. And to me it was litghter than the block I tried. Got both mine for about 1400 and I two spend a lot on tools I'm a mechanic. Happy buying

I would go for the Dan Wesson CCO. It's one of the nicest 1911 that I've ever shoot and with the right holster you won't even notice that you have it. If you look around and have patient, I got one for less than $1300 brand new in the box. Good luck.

Last edited:
Someone's gonna have a stroke for me saying this... but buy a good AR (Colt, Ruger) for about a grand and buy a Taurus PT1911. A lot of folks poo-poo Taurus, but their 1911's have all the goodies on them from the factory for not much more coin than a Plain-Jane Rock Island or something like that

You could buy a dozen moisins and have enough left over for plenty of ammo!

Won't venture an opinion on which 1911, have no experience with them. But the ar's are cheap to shoot and prices have come down.
Lost some man points when you voiced the " lady friend gave me the OK" though :D

I got the 1911 thing out of my system and would not consider one for CCW. As a range toy, I think a Colt would be sweet. With $1,500 gun mony I be buying an M14 / M1A for sure

Back
Top Bottom