• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NEED HELP ASAP!!! EMERGENCY DEPLOYMENT

I went with 511 Jean cut, now they're called ridgeline. Very cool, ripstop and mag pockets for M4 and pistol. Used Vortex shirts. Proforce pack along with 511 wheeled duffle.
Boots on the last go around we're Garmont tactical, very little (if any) break in and the rocks didn't carve them up.
Trust me when I say not to cheap out, I did this the first go around and slowly got the higher end stuff. I would have saved a ton if someone told me this my first trip.
Good luck, but like has already been said, you'll only blend in with those with targets on them. For God sakes Do NOT discount the value of sun screen, baby wipes, goldbond and chapstick.
I once had a UN Col tell me to try and blend in. I was in Haiti......ummm OK

I had the side zip converse! They were great, if you can find them let me know
Till the get Danners or Merrill , no break in

Reactions: MRM
I have a few items that might save you a few bucks. Let me look.

Do they need any volunteers?
haha no not at the moment. minimal manning for this one.
This stuff always makes me laugh. You dont look like them, speech like them, walk like them or dress like them, your not going to blend very well.
actually, i do.
Check Gander Mountain, all their clothing stuff IS on sale. Don't get boots/shoes to tight, better to wear 2 pair of socks than have blisters.
i checked them out but since they arent fully closing until august or later, their discounts are still ass.
Where you are going might help. If you can't say here reach out to someone that has been there.
i cant say and its the first time we're going so no one knows whats really going on. its a desert environment though.
Always made me laugh too. Walking around wearing the REI catalog, nobody's fooled, they know who you are. When your boots cost more than an entire village makes in a month, there is no confusion.
i only wear clothing that is inconspicuous and even if its a popular brand I get the blacked/faded versions that are harder to distinguish. nothing flashy.
Buy some 5.11's. You'll blend in well. You seem nervous. Don't be. Men like us go do our jobs and come home and chill.
i have some 5.11 tac pants that are pretty decent. not really nervous, just want to be prepared.
How do you know he doesn't look or sound like them, maybe that's why he got chosen to go there.
thank you.
If your going to the sandbox,look at the gear and boots our troops used.Converse made some badass military boots
yeah i still have a few from my army days. im also gonna have some baby powder since it was great at combating foot sweat.
What size are you in boots? I have some pairs, 2 Quart canteens, and other stuff

size 12-12.5 depending on the boot.

Buy some 5.11's. You'll blend in well. You seem nervous. Don't be. Men like us go do our jobs and come home and chill.
i will 2nd the 5.11. the desert boots (atacs) almost break in themselves.. did not say what part of town your in. check forest park army navy(south) or hodges(atl) just dont buy the mall ninja blackhawk crap.. you could also hit up section 8 down in jackson ga. Nick is ex SF, one of the he dont look like much kinda guys. he may be able to help you with what works...
good luck, be safe, and dont hump the goats. they dont take kind ta outside folk with their women.....
oh, and if you want to blend in, when in France.....

Back
Top Bottom