• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help with my 2002 Pt cruiser

gunlover

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
38   0
Reaction score
So I have a 2002 cruiser with 130,xxx miles on it, had it over a year few things went wrong normal stuff like new battery, Well about week and half ago it would not start so jumped it and on the way it went fine for few days then failed to start once more, Had the now year old battery tested and it was bad so put a new one in, worked fine fore few day failed once more, tested the battery it was showing 13V so it was fine so replaced the old worn out terminals. yet again worked fine for a few then stopped now it just makes a clicking noise when you try to start it. What do I look in to next? anyone else have this happen to them?

Sounds like a weak alternator not charging enough. They can test them if you take it off and go to the auto store. My 2 cents worth and I am by no means a mechanic.

You may have a draw on the system when the key is off. I would have that tested, can pull a battery down and be a pain to find. Has happened to me before.

Pull starter off and check it. My truck done the same thing, the end of the starter was broken and cause the starter to hang up. I went through everything trying to figure it out. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom