• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help with my 2007 Wrangler unlimited (misfire issues)

The 3.8 motor is known for issues with the cylinder rings. Check the misfiring cylinders for oil on the new plugs to eliminate the worst case scenario.

No joke. Money doesn't seem to be an option with you, take it to the dealership have them reset/make everything back to factory... "basically fix it no matter what"...

While your there have them make her 4x4. And be done.

Not paying someone else to do the conversion. Their prices are horrible. Might have to get them to fix the electrical ghost if I can't figure it out. Just don't like paying dealership prices, and also have had too many bad experience with letting a dealer fix a problem that isn't a problem. They'll chase it down one piece at a time the same as I would, but they get $80-$115 an hour for the same process I'll take. Some dealerships are good, but I'm still a do it yourself guy first.

The 3.8 motor is known for issues with the cylinder rings. Check the misfiring cylinders for oil on the new plugs to eliminate the worst case scenario.

There is no spark getting to cylinders 3 and 6 or coming out of the ignition coil pack to cylinders 3 and 6. So it shouldn't be a cylinder or cylinder ring issue yet.

There is no spark getting to cylinders 3 and 6 or coming out of the ignition coil pack to cylinders 3 and 6. So it shouldn't be a cylinder or cylinder ring issue yet.
I think you're correct that the PCM is the culprit. If one of the coil drivers is burned it will cause that issue.

Reactions: MRM
If you don't hace one, build a 12v noid. Use it to troubleshoot the coil control wire. You have 3 coil control wires coming from the PCM, one is dead.

Your PCM supplies/breaks ground to fire the coil. Hook your noid to each wire in turn to see which one is dead. Do the same at the PCM. If it is good coming out the computer, repair the bad circuit to coil, otherwise see if you can get the computer tested.

DB/DG, DB/TN, and DB/OR color codes on the 3 wires you will be testing.

If you don't hace one, build a 12v noid. Use it to troubleshoot the coil control wire. You have 3 coil control wires coming from the PCM, one is dead.

Your PCM supplies/breaks ground to fire the coil. Hook your noid to each wire in turn to see which one is dead. Do the same at the PCM. If it is good coming out the computer, repair the bad circuit to coil, otherwise see if you can get the computer tested.

DB/DG, DB/TN, and DB/OR color codes on the 3 wires you will be testing.

Great information. I'll try this tomorrow or Thursday. Do I have to order a pre-programmed pcm, or get it programmed by a dealership?

Back
Top Bottom