• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help with my 2007 Wrangler unlimited (misfire issues)

Is the trigger wire for the coil sending the signal to fire the coil?

Is the coil getting voltage on the other wire to charge up the coil ?

If not , follow the wires back to the closest connecting plug and check on the other side of the connector

Chryslers are famous for bad connectors on the wiring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the trigger wire for the coil sending the signal to fire the coil?

Is the coil getting voltage on the other wire to charge up the coil ?

If not , follow the wires back to the closest connecting plug and check on the other side of the connector

Chryslers are famous for bad connectors on the wiring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While waiting on the new pcm I plan on checking all the wires. If I'm getting energy to 4 of the cylinders I would think the connectors are functioning properly. Hate the issue, but will be a fun learning experience.

While waiting on the new pcm I plan on checking all the wires. If I'm getting energy to 4 of the cylinders I would think the connectors are functioning properly. Hate the issue, but will be a fun learning experience.

You have 3 different circuits, each fires just 2 cylinders. You have 2 dead cylinders.

Doesn't sound like all circuits are functioning. Thing is to see if it is inside or outside the computer where your problem is.

Not paying someone else to do the conversion. Their prices are horrible. Might have to get them to fix the electrical ghost if I can't figure it out. Just don't like paying dealership prices, and also have had too many bad experience with letting a dealer fix a problem that isn't a problem. They'll chase it down one piece at a time the same as I would, but they get $80-$115 an hour for the same process I'll take. Some dealerships are good, but I'm still a do it yourself guy first.
Trade it in and get you a new one brother. You will end up spending more in the long run trying to fix this one and still have a dud.

just my humble 2 cents.... but the only motor worth having in a jeep is the 4.0L the 3.8's are notorious for having issues and even catching fire... in my mind, after 06 "jeeps' aren't "jeeps" anymore. good luck though

Back
Top Bottom