• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Some All-Terrain Tire Opinions

tdi_g

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
50   0
Reaction score
My FJ Cruiser will be in need of new tires soon. I have heard a lot of good things about the General Grabber AT2's as well as the Cooper Discoverer AT3's which I am leaning towards. I plan on sticking with the stock tire size for now (265/70/17). Anyone have any experience with either tire or have any opinions on other tires? I mainly use the FJ for commuting but do plan on doing some light offroading in the future.

e4bbbca64c006e45dec39aea4f0d482f.jpg

Generals are Great tires for the money. Have you looked at the BF Goodrich All Terrain KO 2's? I have those on my truck now and love them. Great on the street, great off road and last forever if rotated and balanced regularly.

I just put Nitto Terra Grapplers ATs on my FJ. They are 285/70/17s though. I am very pleased with the ride and mild roadway noise. I did have some concern they would rub the frame at the rear of the front wheel well......but with the steering wheel fully locked right/left there is still a few inches of clearance. I do very little off-road driving and when I do it's pretty mild.....no rock crawling for me, lol.
002.JPG

Toyo OC AT/Nitto Terra Grapplers are my favorite AT hands down.
BFG A/T's are great unless you drive on wet grass a lot.
Cooper AT3's are more road mannered than most AT's but you are about to be in the middle of the Cooper Spring Rebate event which will save you $50-70 on a set.

Let me know when you're ready and i'll shoot you prices.

I've looked at the K02's but they are a bit more than I am willing to spend right now. I haven't looking into the Nitto Terra Grapplers but will take a look.

My FJ Cruiser will be in need of new tires soon. I have heard a lot of good things about the General Grabber AT2's as well as the Cooper Discoverer AT3's which I am leaning towards. I plan on sticking with the stock tire size for now (265/70/17). Anyone have any experience with either tire or have any opinions on other tires? I mainly use the FJ for commuting but do plan on doing some light offroading in the future.

e4bbbca64c006e45dec39aea4f0d482f.jpg

I've had BFG and cooper. Liked them both. Both were on an F250 so they were "E" rated which made them a little stiff but you wouldn't need the "E" so either brand would be a comfortable ride. Love the FJ by the way.

Goodyear Duratracs... Got them on my truck with factory 17" wheels and very happy with them. The best set I've owned were a set of Mickey T Radial ATZ's that were on my 4runner... but they are $$$.

Back
Top Bottom