• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Needing dome help. 300win or 300prc?

Then, of course, there's always the 300 RUM. :becky:

I have to laugh- when this thread started I was going to suggest a 348 (tongue in cheek) and be done. Worked for my grandfather and it’ll eventually work for me.

The guys I’m going with have been out there multiple times. They said that the vast majority of their shots are under 200yds. .348 Winchester will do it with room to spare.

Then, of course, there's always the 300 RUM. :becky:

Gorgeous rifle! One of my bucketlist rifles is a 30-378wby. The 300RUM and 338RUM are right behind that.

I took my Cape Buffalo and Eland with a 375 RUM. Huge energy and same trajectory as a 180gr 308, but pushing a 300gr bullet.
I have no use for big bore or those STINKING MAGNUM cartridges, but boy do I sure love them!!! I completely screwed up and missed out on a Weatherby Accumark 30-378 that got listed on here a year or 2 ago. I've been kicking myself ever since. Ammo was absolutely impossible to find, and so was brass to reload. I should've pulled the trigger anyway and waited the ammo storm out. Midway has Nosler accubonds in stock.

I have no use for big bore or those STINKING MAGNUM cartridges, but boy do I sure love them!!! I completely screwed up and missed out on a Weatherby Accumark 30-378 that got listed on here a year or 2 ago. I've been kicking myself ever since. Ammo was absolutely impossible to find, and so was brass to reload. I should've pulled the trigger anyway and waited the ammo storm out. Midway has Nosler accubonds in stock.
There's just something special about the serious big boomers. My next one will probably be a 458 Lott.

I'll be doing some elk hunting this coming year. I need something with a little more power at longer distances. From what I have read the prc is perfect for that but, I personally have never been behind one.
It’s a modern or updated 300 WM.

The manufacturers are pushing the PRC so I would go with PRiC due to ammo availability & faster twist barrels on a production gun.

The loaded ammo will be cheaper for the PRC than the same projectiles loaded in the WM because the PRC is throated for the longer high-BC bullets: more boutique to find the same bullets in WM.

If Reloading the cost will be equal so PRC wins because of not having a belt.

There's just something special about the serious big boomers. My next one will probably be a 458 Lott.
The .375 Ruger fits the boomer bill for me.

Attachments

• 54B87A1E-1264-4C26-8E26-6597486327F5.jpeg
    54B87A1E-1264-4C26-8E26-6597486327F5.jpeg
    411.9 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom