• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Never Hunted Anything before, Where To Start?

Brandon Ryan

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
9   0
Reaction score
As the Title would suggest, never hunted anything before. Was never taught and none of my family or friends ever hunted. I posted here a while back asking about his too, and everyone was super helpful. Finally got serious about it after dealing with buying a new house and just generally having other things to worry about, and did my Hunters safety class and now I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs. I might now know that pointing a gun at my face or someone else is dangerous, or that falling out of a tree is a bad time, but other than safety things I still don't know anything about hunting. Where does someone start? Where do people look to go? It just seems that most (not all of course) people who hunt grew up hunting or at least being around it, being taught by a parent from a young age. All my dad taught me was that milk takes a really long time to get from the store and my mom taught me soap operas are boring, neither of which being good skills for hunting, and so I come here to you fine people for guidance

Start out small. Try small game hunting. And go from there. Squirrel and rabbit can be had with a pellet rifle. If interested in big game. Try to find a mentor. Or read about what ever you are hunting habit's. Scout some woods and go from there.

Start watching hunting shows, all of them

Then start burning cash for fun to get use to the feeling. Hunting is expensive:lol:

Seriously OP best thing would be to find someone in your area that can guide you and show you some pointers. What are you wanting to hunt?

Back
Top Bottom