• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Glocks for 2017

I have never understood the fascination with a compensated 9mm. BUT I have never fired one either. Does it really make that much of a difference in a round that doesn't have much recoil to start with?

I have never understood the fascination with a compensated 9mm. BUT I have never fired one either. Does it really make that much of a difference in a round that doesn't have much recoil to start with?
It does help with muzzle flip, but it's more of a "cool factor" in my opinion.

To add to this question, do ported firearms reduce muzzle velocity, and could that significantly impact performance of hollow point expansion and penetration?

Me too. Same with 1911 pistols. The front cocking serrations are completely unnecessary and ruin the good looks of a pistol.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Unnecessary how? You have evidence of this? Or mere conjecture?

Manufacturers don't add machining for their own well being. Customers apparently demand it... so I don't think you can call them unnecessary... even if you don't care for them.

At minimum, they are a selling feature that the majority of customers want.

@Dirtyj

This is fun;

Please tell me how they ARE necessary?

And yes, manufacturers DO add machining for their own well-being, because they believe (apparently rightly so) that customers as a whole want them, and will sometimes PAY more for the useless, superfluous, extraneous machined grooves.

Also, pray tell, how can you make a statement about "the majority of the people want..."?

You actually KNOW what the majority of the people want? To what evidence do you attribute this "knowledge" you have regarding hundreds of thousands of people you can't possibly know personally, or have contact with?

Again, FCS ARE unnecessary. Useless. Superfluous. Not to mention ugly.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom