• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Jersey sues Sig (multiple threads)

With the reputation for exceptional customer service that Sig has built over the years, I am certain that they will make every effort to make things right and ensure that officers have a firearm that they can depend on both on the streets and while training.

Yeah hey took care of that, they got Glocks.

With as "green" as The Garden State tries to be, I can see them having training ammo that is outside the norm. My agency has a large training facility in NJ. Even though the ranges are enormous, barnlike, ultra-modern, indoor ranges, we are required to only use lead-free ammunition. No lead in the bullets, no lead styphenate in the primers. The only ammo we use there is Speer 100grn Frangible; no lead or lead styphenate. Our P229's run fine on it.....I've shot hundreds of thousands of it through numerous P229's. BUT, if I'm ever doing function testing, checking sights, or diagnosing a possible problem, I ALWAYS use the issue 125grn Gold Dot duty load. That just makes sense.

Sounds like the handguns in question run fine with "standard" ammo, but have issues with whatever ammo NJSP has chosen to use for training purposes.

"Garbage pistols".......that's some funny stuff right there.

Back
Top Bottom