• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

new loaders problems!!!!

I have cast and loaded several of my own bullets but have had the same issues as you have stated. I have found that the 9mm has some of the lowest tolerance levels in regards to sizing and lenghth of the overall round you create.
They would not chamber properly and seldom had accurate results on paper. I use all Lee products to load and cast my ammo but feel that they just don't have the quality needed to create great 9mm ammo. This is just my opinion but I have went to buying plated bullets for my 9mm aplications and they function far better and are worth the extra cost to achieve results and cut down on my wasted time and effort casting my own 9mm. I cast all of my wheelgun rounds and have chosen to go with plated rounds for my autos for the best results. Not trying to dicourage you these are just my experiences.

Last edited:
well these grouped pretty good doing about an inch and a quarter group at 21 feet without a bench or rest except they are about an inch or two high

If they are grouping that well I would think thats a good reload and it may be other issues, but it will be hard to say without a rest to test it out.
More skilled members will chime in soon as I am curious aswell.:)

Try less powder, but you may have to change the sights. Anywhere from 2.5 to 4.0 TiteGroup should be okay.

I would shoot it a while to get confident with your reloading. When I reloaded my first loads, I could not aim very well, due to the concern that I might blow my own head off.

A taller front sight, shorter rear, or an adjustable sight may be in order.

well these grouped pretty good doing about an inch and a quarter group at 21 feet without a bench or rest except they are about an inch or two high

That's fine grouping for a handgun and darn good shooting. Your point of impact verses point of aim will vary at 5 yards, 20 yards and beyond.

thanks for the compliments on my shooting I don't like to brag but I am kinda a beast on the trigger lol shooting bulls anyways. I don't believe in adjustable sights for reloads due to the fact I can buy factory 124 grain loads and the point of impact is dead on at 21 feet

Load another brand or type of similar weight bullets. Look at different burn rate powders.

You have function, now look at point of aim/point of impact variances.

Try seating and crimping in different strokes I found that to be easier for beginners I still do it for 9mm cause I have less mistakes. Also I have heard no mention of measuring. About 20 dollars you can get a micrometer at pepboys. Just two points I thought I would mention the rest is correct too

Back
Top Bottom