• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No carry on Corps of Engineers land/water?

COE "rangers" don`t carry firearms. They had them taken away back in the 70s,when a ranger shot and killed a fleeing teenager. I think the rangers should carry,and I think we should be allowed to,also.

I live about 1/4 mile from a corps park on Lanier. I will not carry in there, no matter how concealed. It is not worth loosing my GWL over.

Makes me wonder how their law or rule is written, can the sheriff's deputies patrol the park armed?

It was mentioned in another thread that there's a bill in Congress to change this. I think it was the bill that also try's to reign-in the ATF.

Hopefully it will get passed by Congress so it can be attached to some 'must sign' legislation like the Nat'l Parks carry bill did.

It was mentioned in another thread that there's a bill in Congress to change this. I think it was the bill that also try's to reign-in the ATF.

Hopefully it will get passed by Congress so it can be attached to some 'must sign' legislation like the Nat'l Parks carry bill did.
Am i the only one that think its severely ****ed up that in order for an unelected gov agency to follow the law, that another law must be passed?

This is getting stupid

Not sure why it's not enforced on the Mississippi River and its tributaries, it's all COE controlled ?? maybe it has something to do with being scared of all those crazy Cajuns and river people & not wanting to disappear.

I work with the Corp a lot , we are one of there animals rescue they call on from time to time.
I have been told that the un written policy is if your a CCW holder then they will politely tell the rules and let you secure it off there land. They also said dont be a D**K or they will be your worst nightmare .
This rule is a Army thing and that means every COE property has to be changed which means Congress would have to vote on it. This action has been going on for several years now.
It sucks but I have faith that Ga Carry will win in the end and I will be able to legally walk past 20ft in my back yard carrying my weapon.

Back
Top Bottom