• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

No carry permit but seller wants to verify criminal history

I have bills o' sail on all of my firearms, all the ones I sold anyway, even the ones I might still possess. My plan is to show the po-lice all them billow sails when they come around to collect my guns after Stacy Abrams becomes governor. I'm too lazy to bury them.
Well ain’t you lucky I lost all my bill o sails and guns in a snowboarding accident last week.

I have bills o' sail on all of my firearms, all the ones I sold anyway, even the ones I might still possess. My plan is to show the po-lice all them billow sails when they come around to collect my guns after Stacy Abrams becomes governor. I'm too lazy to bury them.
You might want to delete this comment :tinfoil3::tinfoil3::tinfoil3:

i would never have let my permit lapse. You dont have to get a new permit until the old one expires, whether you move or not. Unless you change states. My take: the seller owns the gun. He calls the shots. Buyer don`t like it, go elsewhere. Seller is still happy. He still has the gun and will sell it to someone he feels safe with. If someone I don`t know says their permit lapsed, I won`t take it to be true. You don`t know. The buyer may have committed a crime or domestic violence. You could be selling a felon a gun. Ain`t worth it.

Just as the title says. Been looking through the classifieds and some people want to see a current permit. I let my permit expire when I moved to a different county a few years back and am planning to move again to a different county in the near future so I havent bothered reapplying do to that fact. Can the police do a quick background check to verify to the seller that I'm legitimate? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh J
Your GWCL is a state document. It doesn't matter if you move to another county as long as it's still in Ga, you don't have to have it updated so that shouldn't be stopping you.

Just as the title says. Been looking through the classifieds and some people want to see a current permit. I let my permit expire when I moved to a different county a few years back and am planning to move again to a different county in the near future so I havent bothered reapplying do to that fact. Can the police do a quick background check to verify to the seller that I'm legitimate? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh J
Ignore the paranoid trader who is trying to impose things not required by law. Or as has been mentioned, go through an actual FFL. I've yet to find the gun I just had to have that wasn't being offered by someone who simply follows the law and doesn't make up imaginary feel good requirements.
Happy shopping.

The last guy that asked to see my GWCL ended up getting popped for selling guns stolen from his employer. Ain’t that some **** ?
Not surprising. If you are so suspicious you want to "peek" at my personal information, then I'm suspicious of YOU. Probably for good reason.

Back
Top Bottom