• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"No firearms, violators will be treated as trespassers"

sinac84

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
187   0
Reaction score
At this hell hole called "Chuck E Cheese" and on the inside door the gun free zone sign is displayed with the words on the title of this thread. I'm wondering if they just straight call the police on you if they discover you are CCing or if they ask you to leave? Based on the verbiage it sounds like thats what they do.

Luckily for me I'm not an OC kinda guy so

Signs don't mean ****. They have to verbally ask you to leave. Do they have actual evidence you read the sign, and ignored it? No. Ok, then go **** yourself. Not that it matters if you ignore the sign. Now, if you ignore their verbal request, that's trespassing.

Last edited:
Signs don't mean ****. They have to verbally ask you to leave. Do they have actual evidence you read the sign, and ignored it? No. Ok, then go **** yourself. Not that it matters if you ignore the sign. Now, if you ignore their verbal request, that's trespassing.
That's my thinking as well. However, this is the first sign I've seen worded that way.

Please someone tell me exactly where the "signs mean nothing" started. Did y'all learn it on the internet so it must be true?

Where does it say anywhere in the GA code you have to be asked to leave in person. When you find it let me know. That mentality will eventually get us caselaw and end this confusion about what a sign means. The problem is simple, what constitutes notice?

You can be the subject of a MWAG call anytime with no notice from anyone, are you going to tell the responding officer that signs don't mean anything? GLWT.

Please someone tell me exactly where the "signs mean nothing" started. Did y'all learn it on the internet so it must be true?

Where does it say anywhere in the GA code you have to be asked to leave in person. When you find it let me know. That mentality will eventually get us caselaw and end this confusion about what a sign means. The problem is simple, what constitutes notice?

You can be the subject of a MWAG call anytime with no notice from anyone, are you going to tell the responding officer that signs don't mean anything? GLWT.
I'd say... "what sign? Oh... didn't see that there... I have no problem with leaving this fine establishment. Have a good day."

See George Conceal Carry. org.. It's not against the law to ignore the sign but it is if you do not leave when asked.
It'll also give you a list of counties that have gun free establishments (zones). Hopes this helps.

Last edited:

corporate policy does not trump state law, and state law says i can carry. That precedent was set when the state went to no smoking in enclosed public places. Doesnt matter if you own the restaurant and you WANT to let people smoke, state law over rules. Same with CC'ing. Doesnt matter if you DONT WANT people to carry, state law over rules. Now, if they ask you to leave and you dont, then its trespassing, but still not a firearm crime.
its not about what it says in the GA code, its about what it doesnt say. And what it doesnt say, with respect to firearms, is anything to do with signs. Its private property, so thery can ask you to leave, but its a public space. they can put a sign up that says "anyone walking onto this property must tell me your SSN" but that doesnt mean you have to do it, because (as Gordon Freeman so eloquently put it when he was not dodging headcrabs) signs dont mean ****.

Back
Top Bottom