• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"No firearms, violators will be treated as trespassers"

Wrong section of code. It's not a firearm specific issue, it comes down to notice of trespass. The problem is what constitutes notice. Look it up.
Your right to bear arms ends on private property if the owner wishes. One right does not trump another.

Here's an easy example
What does a "closed" sign mean? There are no references to it or its meaning in GA code. Seems simple enough right?

You walk up to a business door see the sign, ignore it since signs have no meaning, and yank the door open. What happens next?

Georgia Conc
Since you're the only one here who disagrees with multiple reputable authorities on the matter (Georgia Carry, Georgia Packing, and I'm sure numerous others), why don't you provide some sources other than ~'I am very smart'

es we read this on the internet from credible sources. Your sourceless interjections are hardly credible, so I'd like to hear where your info is coming from.

George Concealed Carry .org

Wrong section of code. It's not a firearm specific issue, it comes down to notice of trespass. The problem is what constitutes notice. Look it up.
Your right to bear arms ends on private property if the owner wishes. One right does not trump another.

Here's an easy example
What does a "closed" sign mean? There are no references to it or its meaning in GA code. Seems simple enough right?

You walk up to a business door see the sign, ignore it since signs have no meaning, and yank the door open. What happens next?
And what happens if the sign says "No people with white shirts" and I walk in wearing a white shirt? Am I immediately going to jail for trespassing?

My point is the rhetoric only gets you so far... and rhetoric often has literally nothing to do with the way laws are enforced or written.

Here's an easy example

Depends on if the door is locked or not.

And what happens if the sign says "No people with white shirts" and I walk in wearing a white shirt? Am I immediately going to jail for trespassing?

My point is the rhetoric only gets you so far... and rhetoric often has literally nothing to do with the way laws are enforced or written.
Dam, I was just going to use that example with red socks.

Since you're the only one here who disagrees with multiple reputable authorities on the matter (Georgia Carry, Georgia Packing, and I'm sure numerous others), why don't you provide some sources other than ~'I am very smart'

Yes we read this on the internet from credible sources. Your sourceless interjections are hardly credible, so I'd like to hear where your info is coming from.

Really????
Check out GPDO and find MP & SheriffO & Legay38's opinion on signs..
The Sheriff, Chief deputy and the lawyer you're gonna call when it goes bad all have the same opinion on signs.

Really????
Check out GPDO and find MP & SheriffO & Legay38's opinion on signs..
The Sheriff, Chief deputy and the lawyer you're gonna call when it goes bad all have the same opinion on signs.
When I went to the probate court and got my carry permit, they handed me a printout straight from Georgia Packing, so I'd say they agree with what GP has to say. Does my anecdotal evidence outweigh yours now? /s

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom