• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

noob... 115gr vs 124gr

Depends on what your gun likes. The 124 on some guns ejects better.if your gun ejects back at you the 124 will help it go away from you. My Smith likes the124 better but my sig likes 115 better.

Buy whatever you can get your hands on. Bought some JHP at Wally World yesterday for around $23 a 100 (IIRC) and 250 box of ball for about $70. Don't rely on ball for anything but practice. But have some in case they outlaw JHP like the commy states.
Google the FBI Miami shootout.

Item Name: noob... 115gr vs 124gr

Caliber: 9mm luger

Item Description: Sorry if this is in wrong forum, my 1st time posting.

I can buy 9mm luger 115gr PTMJ @ .22 / round

I can buy 9mm luger 124gr FMJ @ .25 / round

I've done a bit of research and learnt(sp) the 124gr will penetrate better, while the 115gr has higher velocity.

Is there enough difference between the two that the price difference is warranted? (.03 / 100 is pennies, but .03 /5000 starts adding up).

thanks

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.

I guess it depends on why you are buying it, or what its going to be used for. I dont think anyone would argue about shooting cheap ammo at targets. For personal defense, it would be a different story. So what do you want to use this ammo for?

Back
Top Bottom