NOT so accurate sniper rifles...........

I've never been impressed with any of the Dragunov's, or their replicas and knockoffs.

When I was in Scout/Sniper School in the Corps, we shot a few courses of fire with an actual Dragunov SVD, captured by the Corps somewhere and brought back for weapons training. We had the appropriate 7n1 ammo for it, as well. All of us came away thinking, "What a POS!".

I guess I should add the one I shot the guy had reworked the trigger, did other accuracy mods and that was his handload ammo, he said that was the best he could get out of it.

I like my PSL but once that barrel gets hot it's a bullet hose.

But there's nothing like shooting 7.62x54R through a semi-auto.

I can't believe the prices they are fetching though.

They are pretty sexy. And sexy goes a long way.

PSL 007.jpg

I have no problems with the PSL, for what it was designed for gets the job done, I bought this one almost 20 years ago, dumped the cheap Scope, use a Standard Russian Military Unit of better quality smoothed the trigger action, better muzzle break, stock changes etc. with the right ammo I shoot standard targets out to 800m with all rounds in the center kill zone. It's not in the same category as some of my Higher priced Scoped weapons which hold a super tight MOA, but it's a keeper, simple to use, clean, repair if needed. And very reliable :thumb:
PSL Sniper.jpg

I like my PSL but once that barrel gets hot it's a bullet hose.

But there's nothing like shooting 7.62x54R through a semi-auto.

I can't believe the prices they are fetching though.

They are pretty sexy. And sexy goes a long way.

View attachment 1030397
Totally agree with your comments. I think the thin barrel doesn't help at all.

My VEPR in 7.62x54R is a wee bit more accurate than the PSL...this one has a 23" barrel and 8x PSOP scope.

IMG_0857.JPG
IMG_0856.JPG

Probably not in the same league as the M1A but cheaper to buy and cheaper to shoot.

I had a PSL once upon a time, back when they sold for about the same price as an AK. Never shot it - it just sat in my safe for years. I was pretty happy when I sold it.

Back
Top Bottom