• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nov 4th Hunt

That danged moon. I got in the stand this mornin' around 0830, stayed till lunch. NOTHING moving and to hot!
Will be back out this evening. Good luck all!
Congrats HERMET HERMET on grandson's 1st! Great shot!

That danged moon. I got in the stand this mornin' around 0830, stayed till lunch. NOTHING moving and to hot!
Will be back out this evening. Good luck all!
Congrats HERMET HERMET on grandson's 1st! Great shot!
Thanks, he's been shooting since he was 7 but this was his first year really hunting. We couldn't be prouder.

Man it was busy morning in the woods which was surprising because of the moon. I saw 6 - 7 does (couldn't tell where one ended and the other began), a small 8 pointer, a larger 5/6 pointer, a woodpecker that drove me crazy until I stood up and flapped my arms, and what I'm pretty sure was a yote that circled around on one side in the brush for a few minutes. There was a crow squawking overhead, and the crow left when the critter left so I'm guessing it was a yote.

The 5/6 pointer came up behind me, and was hanging around. I think he was trying to figure out my peeing from the stand. I finally broke out the snort wheeze to see what he'd do. When I hit that thing, he took off in a flash and is probably still running...

I still have too much brush around this one stand so when I got down, I spent an hour or so trimming some branches. No hunting tonight, and I think I'll wait a few days until it cools down. The rut should start kicking off later next week and it's also getting cool again so perfect timing.

D693B62B-34CA-453E-9D94-353813548687.jpeg
Saw small 8 this morning and I’m sitting on the edge of another clear cut now. Saw one small 6 point so far and one yote down as well

Back
Top Bottom