• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nov 4th Hunt

Last week and a half very few deer sightings on my property in Heard co. Walking around I started finding coyote skat, pile after pile. This morning 9:45am three song dogs cruise by my favorite stand. Two normal size, one gigantic dark brown with a white tipped tail. No shot. I guess I'm switching gears from deer to dog hunting for the foreseeable future.

Last week and a half very few deer sightings on my property in Heard co. Walking around I started finding coyote skat, pile after pile. This morning 9:45am three song dogs cruise by my favorite stand. Two normal size, one gigantic dark brown with a white tipped tail. No shot. I guess I'm switching gears from deer to dog hunting for the foreseeable future.

Good idea. You have an infestation. Kill em all.

Culled one off of 5 acre backyard in Gwinnett at 10:40 AM.
20171104_104648.jpg
20171104_104629.jpg

#1 of season, #3 of my deer hunting career. Must missed the note, snuck up 25 yards on my 6 and blew at me. Then walked off down the hill, stop between two trees and turned his head to blow at me again!
He was over the edge of hill so only head and upper half of neck were visible to me. I replied with 75gr 223 through its throat, dropped on the spot.

Culled one off of 5 acre backyard in Gwinnett at 10:40 AM.View attachment 1378068 View attachment 1378070 #1 of season, #3 of my deer hunting career. Must missed the note, snuck up 25 yards on my 6 and blew at me. Then walked off down the hill, stop between two trees and turned his head to blew at me again!
He was over the edge of hill so only head and upper half of neck was visible to me. I replied with 75gr 223 through it's throat, dropped on the spot.

Nice....dont try to fool yourself or us.....cull does not happen when you have killed 3 deer. What does happen is you have a good deer come out and you make a nice shot. Congrats. You did well.

Culled one off of 5 acre backyard in Gwinnett at 10:40 AM.View attachment 1378068 View attachment 1378070 #1 of season, #3 of my deer hunting career. Must missed the note, snuck up 25 yards on my 6 and blew at me. Then walked off down the hill, stop between two trees and turned his head to blew at me again!
He was over the edge of hill so only head and upper half of neck was visible to me. I replied with 75gr 223 through it's throat, dropped on the spot.
Looks like a nice deer and I'm glad you got it and not somebody's car (like mine lol). Congrats and go get you another!

Nice....dont try to fool yourself or us.....cull does not happen when you have killed 3 deer. What does happen is you have a good deer come out and you make a nice shot. Congrats. You did well.
Thank you, I thought cull is when you take smaller bucks out? No?
I'm from S. Korea, last person in my family tree hunted about 200+ years ago. I made up lots of stuff as I hunt last 8 years.
That backyard has two really big boys cruising through randomly. I'd rather those guys reproduced back there.

Thank you, I thought cull is when you take smaller bucks out? No?
I'm from S. Korea, last person in my family tree hunted about 200+ years ago. I made up lots of stuff as I hunted last 8 years.
That backyard has two really big boys cruising through randomly. I'd rather those guys reproduced back there.

My wife is from South Korea. My daughters are dual citizens. A small buck is a good buck. They all dont make it to monster status. You did well. Congrats bro. The addiction never ends.

Back
Top Bottom