• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NRA had a 22 percent downturn in revenue from membership dues in 2017

You need to stop giving out your phone numbers. They can`t call a number they don't have.

And its very simple to block a number on any modern cell phone available today. Being triggered by a phone call or a piece of mail is a weak excuse for dropping membership. That simply emboldens the anti gunners as they think more people are siding with them and their anti American platform.

Without spending any meaningful time reviewing it, the 2017 financial statement seems to show that unrestricted cash position increased by $3.9 million after paying down $6.8 million in pension liabilities. I doubt one year's experience with membership dues revenue is a good measure of viability, regardless of what the statements say. There was a big spike in 2016, and with membership numbers a mystery the spike could have been cause by life membership purchases. I've been a life member since 1985, so I doubt any membership dues income is attributed to me, but I hope it was calculated back then to include an income component so the NRA would benefit over the long term. I don't know where that would be represented in the current financials. Also, I read that NRA political expenditures are way down in 2018, maybe because we're in between presidential election cycles, so the next financial statement might have some good news. We'll see . . . I think we're reading more drama than reality.

Back
Top Bottom