• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Officers kill double amputee in wheelchair

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call for a ban on pens. They are way too dangerous for the general public. I also hate when people open carry their BIC. It just screams , look at me.......Only LEO and military need tactical writing utensils. Pencils are okay because they are made of wood and can break but a pen is another matter all together.

That's just not enough.

Secretaries should have to pass a state exam after completion of a 120 hour training course on how to safely operate a pen.

Pen permits should be obtained before civilians can buy such dangerous items.

Okay I watched a thug amputee try to fight someone on Marta today, then he hung from the top railing and danced and rapped to rub it in the guys face who wouldn't fight the wheelchair bound man. I actually saw this and almost didn't believe it myself. I say choot em now.

STOP RIDING MARTA!!

You're playing with fire.

If Lt. Dan was trying to stab the officer within a foot's distance how could he not tell what the object was? Do these guys not train how to fight hand to hand (one hand at that)? These guys make all LEOs look bad.

**** cops.

- - - Updated - - -

So when the officer hands you a pen to sign a citation, he can justify shooting you?

He had a pen. What did you expect me to do?

LOL. That's actually a good point.

I'm in no way bashing the cops involved because I wasn't there. But was deadly force really necessary? Honestly just shoot the guy in his one good arm. Seems to me problem solved but I don't know

Well in that case, the officers are lucky he didn't get up and kick them in the arse with his one foot, whilst he held them with his one hand.
I guess if they had gotten into a butt kicking contest, the two officers he would have lost and the entire force would have laughed at them.
The officers were probably bullied when they were in grammar school by an amputee and were having flashbacks.

If you don't want to get shot by the po po RUN!! In this fellows case roll away rapidly. Of course with only one arm he would only go in circles.

What reads better?
Two police officers shoot double amputee in self defense, or Two police officers get their ass handed to them by a double amputee.

Well reread the story looks like a good shoot to me.

Regardless of the guy has one arm and leg and is in a wheel chair that means he can lunge and stab, does it not?
Tazer may or may have not been an option depending if one was available and if it is departmentally authorized. It all happened under 2 mins and the officer who made the shot rescued a civilian who was being murdered by stabbing two years prior and believed imminent bodily harm from mental deficient subject known for violent outbursts.

From the ap report looks pretty straight forward.

Schitzo with a metal object threatening an officer, corners officer who is talking him down, attempting diffusing the situation, partner uses deadly force, case closed one less indigent aka the American tax payer wins.

So if someone threatens me with a pen, I have the right to use deadly force?
That would go over about like a turd in a punch bowl. "but he was going for his pen"
A civilian would be in prison.

So it's true the pen is mightier than the sword.

Yes it was a good shoot, one shot that's all. No suffering.

What if it had been a toothless 3 legged dog?

Well reread the story looks like a good shoot to me.

Regardless of the guy has one arm and leg and is in a wheel chair that means he can lunge and stab, does it not?
Tazer may or may have not been an option depending if one was available and if it is departmentally authorized. It all happened under 2 mins and the officer who made the shot rescued a civilian who was being murdered by stabbing two years prior and believed imminent bodily harm from mental deficient subject known for violent outbursts.

From the ap report looks pretty straight forward.

Schitzo with a metal object threatening an officer, corners officer who is talking him down, attempting diffusing the situation, partner uses deadly force, case closed one less indigent aka the American tax payer wins.

Seems to me the DISPARITY of FORCE is in favor of the officers by a large margin.

4 legs, 4 arms, 2 guns vs 1 arm, 1 leg, 2 wheels, 1 pen. (I'll assume the LEO's didn't have pepper spray or tasers as their supporters in this post seem to state)

If I shot some dude in a wheel chair who only had a pen, I would be in jail and facing charges. What would a jury say if you were accused of killing someone in a wheelchair? Think about it.

I would like to see the video of this, I think most homes of this type have video just like day care facilities.

So if someone threatens me with a pen, I have the right to use deadly force?
That would go over about like a turd in a punch bowl. "but he was going for his pen"
A civilian would be in prison.

So it's true the pen is mightier than the sword.

Yes it was a good shoot, one shot that's all. No suffering.

What if it had been a toothless 3 legged dog?

The pen has always been mightier than the sword, it's called bureaucracy.

Firstly, I don't think most civilians would knowingly put themselves in a potential domestic violence situation, because they mean a lot of bad things and nobody associated wins. Also statistics of stabbings in those cases are horrendous.

Secondly, if someone was swinging a deadly object at another and were stabbed or shot to death, especially if the aggressor were a ward of the state. Then yes I do believe they'd be just and would walk, so long as; they did not incriminate themselves nor trust the law so far as they could throw a DA.

If you're asking personally, I would not make any statement other than, I believed imminent bodily threat. aka I feared for my life in less then 24 hours without an attorney present.

Lastly I don't think a toothless dog compares and better yet if it's off the leash without a tag, by all means put it down. It's more humane then locking it in a cage at the ASPCA who will execute them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom