• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Official ODT Silver Thread

so I'm getting ready to count my horde of copper pennies (by weight, I'm filling a ****in paint bucket) to get ready for sail.....sail sail sail away

if you guys think I be crazy, there is already a market for it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15-10LB-19...349963&hash=item25aec85612:g:~ZYAAOSwLnBXXOMw

Doesn't look like a good deal to me - 10 lbs is about $15. face value - melt value today is 2.1 cents, and they are paying free shipping for less than 2 cents per penny which really means you are selling for maybe 1.7 cents each.

Doesn't look like a good deal to me - 10 lbs is about $15. face value - melt value today is 2.1 cents, and they are paying free shipping for less than 2 cents per penny which really means you are selling for maybe 1.7 cents each.

Plus, there are bound to be some pennies in a big bunch like that that have numismatic value - if i spelled that right!

And it goes in the Classifieds, not in the discussion board.

I think we are Discussing the practicality of selling pennies and not advertising them for sale here. And to add to my prefious post, as inflation continues and prices continue going up, prices will soon be rounded off to the nearest nickel and we should then be able to melt our pennies. I think it is costing the government more than one cent to coin a penny.

ya I wouldnt pay that either. just showing that folks are buying and selling it

I think we are Discussing the practicality of selling pennies and not advertising them for sale here. And to add to my prefious post, as inflation continues and prices continue going up, prices will soon be rounded off to the nearest nickel and we should then be able to melt our pennies. I think it is costing the government more than one cent to coin a penny.
bam. all I was mostly hinting at lol

it in fact does cost more to manufacture 1 cent coins than its worth, Canada itself has stopped and actually bought back a lot of the copper if I'm not mistaken. not that it will offer a windfall or be worth the value of silver coinage but if I find copper pennies I do bother to sort them out

bam. all I was mostly hinting at lol

it in fact does cost more to manufacture 1 cent coins than its worth, Canada itself has stopped and actually bought back a lot of the copper if I'm not mistaken. not that it will offer a windfall or be worth the value of silver coinage but if I find copper pennies I do bother to sort them out

Yes, I have been sorted since 1982 and bought a few boxes from banks in 1980.

Back
Top Bottom