• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

New to this thread, When they sell at cash/check price, what do they do, set the price at order time and ship when they get your payment; so the price is locked when you order online? (Can't see that they could use the price current when they get payment.)
Yes, price is locked when you order the silver. I have found wire transfer to be the best way to pay.

Your order price is locked in when you place your order. Just send in your payment quickly per their instructions.

Send a USPS MO for quick processing. A personal check works also, but it takes longer because your check has to clear with them. Time is not an issue for me

What is important is to keep costs down. My bank charges for a wire transfer. A check is free for me. USPS MO is cheap also. Remember, keep your total price per ounce a low as possible. Hopefully you are using JM Bullion or Provident for great pricing and free shipping over $100.

Ok so maybe a dumb question but I've never done any investing in gold, silver, etc.

So I buy actual silver at x.xx price. I set it in the safe for x amout of time. How/when do you cash out if it when the market rises/you need to convert it to usable currency?

Good question. ODT is a good start. I have bought and sold here a number of times. Provident and JM Bullion will buy back at a respectable margin. Bullion Stacker is pretty good. for both buying and selling.

DO NOT GO to a pawn shop or a "We buy gold and silver" shop unless you want to get ripped off.

PM's are not as liquid as cash. This is one reason they are attractive to me. I am less likely to sell unless I really need to.

My motto: Buy as cheaply as possible and never sell! (unless you have a disaster)

You can pretty much always sell for spot or a little under spot right here. There are a lot of players on the ODT.

Ok so maybe a dumb question but I've never done any investing in gold, silver, etc.

So I buy actual silver at x.xx price. I set it in the safe for x amout of time. How/when do you cash out if it when the market rises/you need to convert it to usable currency?
To follow on to this, I know buying would be a margin above Spot and selling (to a dealer, etc) would be a margin below. As a general ballpark, what would the sum of the two margins tend to be (i.e. how much price movement would tend to be 'break even' in this case)?
I looked at some sell/buy prices on Provident and amount seems to be around $1.00 to $1.50. I don't know if that's typical, or whether it's more of a dollar amount or more of a percentage of Spot. (I assume percentage, so right now it's around 5-8%.)

Back
Top Bottom