• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Oh, how the times have changed....IROC, TransAm, Foxbody shootout circa 1985

1985 Corvette 5.7L V-8; 230 HP 1/4 mile 14.1 seconds and 97 mph

2014 Corvette Stingray 460 HP 1/4 mile in 12.5 seconds and 116 mph
Double the power and descent 1/4 improvement.

The crazy part was in 90', just 5 years later, when the first ZR1 came out with its Lotus developed 5.7L LT-5, it was able to nearly compete that with 12.8 @ 112. That was just 380HP.

Not for the Gand National(especially the GNX), Typhoon or Cylones...lol

Who didn't want a Typhoon and Syclone when they came out... as a kid.. I thought those were awesome. Although, I don't think they came out until 1991, the grand nationals were indeed awesome.

I saw a Syclone on the road the other day and was impressed, my son was like...meh. Of course much more impressive cars and trucks have come out since the Syclone was the baddest vehicle I could imagine.

Who didn't want a Typhoon and Syclone when they came out... as a kid.. I thought those were awesome. Although, I don't think they came out until 1991, the grand nationals were indeed awesome.

I saw a Syclone on the road the other day and was impressed, my son was like...meh. Of course much more impressive cars and trucks have come out since the Syclone was the baddest vehicle I could imagine.
Ha! Just realized I mis-spelled Syclone...lol

Yes, they were awesome, and even in a world of Hellcats and GT350R's, I would still love to have a Grand National and Syclone.

Ha! Just realized I mis-spelled Syclone...lol

Yes, they were awesome, and even in a world of Hellcats and GT350R's, I would still love to have a Grand National and Syclone.

I know of an 87 GNX with 12 miles on it, yes that's right 12. It was delivered to the dealership with 11.6, then delivered by roll back to his house.

I know of an 87 GNX with 12 miles on it, yes that's right 12. It was delivered to the dealership with 11.6, then delivered by roll back to his house.
I think that one sold on eBay for $110K if I am not mistaken? I think the guy keeps it on jack stands so the original tires do not flat spot. Could be another car hauler to garage one though.

If it came from NY it may be the same car. It was parked next to his dad's 59 Cadillac convertible he took to prom and the 73 TA 455 SD.
The number of cars he had rotting in the yard and the dozens of 50s Oldsmobiles in another field would make you cry. GTOs, LeMans, Vettes, assorted firebirds and TAs most matching number cars.

Back
Top Bottom