• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

OK hows about who has famous folks/stories amongst you

RiverBend

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Proud Southern, Christian
362   0
Reaction score
I'll start with this tidbit, the Death Car Bonnie and Clyde were killed in was stolen from my late Father in Law, Dave Rigdon, in Joplin Ms., around late January 1933. He had went into a Drug store and left it running and one of the gang took it and they robbed the local Bank and fled in Dave Rigdon's car, in which they were killed not to long after taking it.
Dave heard the gunshots being fired at the Bank heist and looked out and saw his Ford hauling ass out of town.
His family, after his passing and finding out where the car wound up, donated it, it would been a body shop's nightmare to fix anyway.
4F7F7D12-FC02-4A02-9562-20BEC4E13270 (3).jpg
4F7F7D12-FC02-4A02-9562-20BEC4E13270 (3).jpg

My grandmother really got into doing genealogy in the years before she passed away. One of her final contributions to the family I guess. Anyway she was able to trace lineage right back to an Old West gunfighter named James Butler Hickok -- or more commonly known as "Wild Bill".
wild-bill.png

EDIT: I also remember she once told me that one of my Great Great Great Great Grandmothers was full-blooded Mohican Indian. Hmm... bet that was quite the scandal back then. Unfortunately being that far removed, I can't qualify as Native American. :p

Took a flight back from Savannah to Atlanta back in the 1990s. As we started getting off the plane and I passed through first class, there standing near the front of the plane was "Hit me!" James Brown. lol Also spent time back stage with another Brown after his concert, Jackson Brown.

Took a flight back from Savannah to Atlanta back in the 1990s. As we started getting off the plane and I passed through first class, there standing near the front of the plane was "Hit me!" James Brown. lol Also spent time back stage with another Brown after his concert, Jackson Brown.
Neat who you run into on flights, I once was assigned a seat next to the American Dream, Dusty Rhoades. We had some very interesting conversations on our way back to Atlanta from Daytona Beach. Since I knew most of the wrestlers from late 70's to early 80's, and did a stint in the ring myself. Once in Atlanta after drinks, we wound up having dinner in Atlanta with Dandy Jack Crawford, El Mongel's manager and blowhard of the ring at that time. Oddly enough Dandy Jack wound up being a Radio Operator at the Norcross PD. after he got out of wrestling.

I had an uncle that claims to have had lunch w Elvis several times when they were truck drivers.

Had a cousin that was a model/actress that was in Sharky's Machine w/ "The Bandit" Burt Reynolds. She was also one of the models that celebrated w the winners after winning a Nascar Race.

I met Kirk Cameron (Growing Pains), Chelsey Noble (Growing Pains) and Candace Cameron (Full House) down at Callaway Gardens in '91. They were there w Make A Wish. I was there for a school conference.

I carried a very drunk ex Atlanta Braves player out of a place I was working security, after he took a swing at me.

I met and talked to many wrestlers back in the day when they were still doing the tv tapings at Center Stage. Only one that really sticks out is Rick Steiner (the Dog Faced Gremlin) who was riding a Harley and stopped to talk to us. He didn't bark one time while chatting. :)

Back
Top Bottom