• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Okay I'm into watches again. Post your favorite models

What I am wearing now, but I have a few Invicta 47mm automatics I really like. I have a few Deep Blue Sea Rams. I also have some Invicta quartz movement watches, but am only buying automatics now. I like the Seiko movement they use. The price is several hundred dollars less than just the cleaning on my Omega Seamaster Professional Chronometer, and I can change them to match mood or events. The mickey Invicta is a 40mm automatic. View attachment 1205383 View attachment 1205385
By the way... Does your winder work? I have one of these but first one side, then the other stopped working. Not that it matters ALL that much. I changed my thinking about keeping them wound. After some reading and chatting with other watch nuts, I came to the conclusion that I was just aging my watches unnecessarily when it really didn't bother me to wind and set them when I waned to wear one.

You can shop Invictas so cheap that you would think you were buying a Timex if you do it right. I'd like to try an Orient eventually myself but not craving one. They seem plain to me. Like older Seikos. Great workhorses but few Clydesdales in the stable. Invicta is packed with style but you have to look at movements and crystals to weed out the Malaysian assembled or Chinese movements(not that I would turn down a Seagull movement mind you).

Run the model number through the search on Invictas site and look at the specs. Often I would search the model on Amazon to find info the site doesn't have readily available.

https://www.invictawatch.com/

For style as well as some great movements and even some really great prices, I recommend Aragon(formerly known as Android). Yes the Android name is sometimes a PITA to search since it tends to pull up a million smart watches as well. Which is why designer Wing Liang, changed the company name. His designs are frequently awesome and visually stunning. And, while some of his items use Chinese movements, most are either Japanese or Swiss. Aragons and Androids have SOLID bands and cases. Very heavy, quality feeling stuff.

My only complaint about either company is that they use less than Sapphire crystals on most of their items. Aragons usually have mineral, although Wing has put Sapphire on many of his models. Invicta has their "Flame Fusion Crystal", which, if I remember is a mineral crystal, heat bonded with a synthetic Sapphire coating. With mineral being stronger but less resistant to scratches and Sapphire being the closest to diamond hardness but more brittle than mineral, this is supposed to be the best of both worlds. Theoretically. Personally, I never expect to dive at all, much less deep enough to shatter sapphire. Seiko came out sith Sapphlex and I think Hardlex, but neither is as scratch resistant as Sapphire.

Any way, take a look at some of Aragons cool designs. I'm kind of jonesin' for a Millipede.

https://www.aragonwatch.com/MILLIPEDE_s/355.htm

Well, that and a 31 tritium tube Parma T100 Automatic.

parma.jpg

parma2.jpg

https://www.aragonwatch.com/product_p/a152blk.htm

By the way... Does your winder work? I have one of these but first one side, then the other stopped working. Not that it matters ALL that much. I changed my thinking about keeping them wound. After some reading and chatting with other watch nuts, I came to the conclusion that I was just aging my watches unnecessarily when it really didn't bother me to wind and set them when I waned to wear one.
Winder is working, and I hadn't thought about that. I think I will just shut it off and wind them when I use them. Thank you.

Winder is working, and I hadn't thought about that. I think I will just shut it off and wind them when I use them. Thank you.
Certainly. One guy suggested that the winding and setting was actually part of the pleasure of owning mechanical and automatic watches. Kind of a "smell the roses" time for watch buffs. And I agree. Not that I remember to stop and smell the roses in ANY aspect of life most times but when I DO think about it, it is a bit Zen. Like petting a cat and listening to it purr, winding a watch and savoring the soft ratcheting of the stem is soothing and satisfying. Something about that Oris movement ALWAYS get's to me when I wind it even though the Miyotas sometimes don't

20170611_103746.jpg
20170611_103802.jpg
Screenshot_20170611-151653.png

I haven't worn a watch in years, nor did I want to wear one. Until this thread popped up. I thought I might want one, but to make sure I started wearing the Casio that my wife gave me when we were dating 20+ years ago.

I liked it so I bought the Citizens.

Then I ordered the Bulova. I have been patiently waiting for it to be delivered today. It is supposed to be here by 8 pm.

View attachment 1205912 View attachment 1205913 View attachment 1205914

I haven't worn a watch in years, nor did I want to wear one. Until this thread popped up. I thought I might want one, but to make sure I started wearing the Casio that my wife gave me when we were dating 20+ years ago.

I liked it so I bought the Citizens.

Then I ordered the Bulova. I have been patiently waiting for it to be delivered today. It is supposed to be here by 8 pm.
The first 2 look small for my taste. But that Precisionist...Oh MY!

Welcome back. Once you rub all the hair off your wrist again, it'll be like you never left. LOL.

The first 2 look small for my taste. But that Precisionist...Oh MY!

Welcome back. Once you rub all the hair off your wrist again, it'll be like you never left. LOL.

The first one I wear to work since it's already scratched up. The 2nd one was on a whim because it was cheap.

Back
Top Bottom