• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Okay.. who will admit they got screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like this thread has turned into a Glock price thread..... and that cool. lots of questions about paying $650 for a used Glock. Academy Sports is one of the largest gun sellers in my area and their Glocks sell out in a very short time when the get them in. Here is their link to a Glock 17..... $620.58 out the door (gun & tax)

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/s...0051_474207_-1__?N=39632023&Ntt=glock&Ntk=All

Throw a set of night sights on that new Glock and your over $700 in a flash. Would I pay $650 for that gun from a ODT member in like new condition..... you bet i did and i like it and i could not find it anywhere else. Times have changed on Glock prices for those of us who don't have the time to travel to gun shows and the like. If you want it now.... the price is a bit higher than it was a few months ago. I too hope the market settles down and we can buy at normal prices again, but until then, if you must have it...........

I understand that. If you want it now, you have to pay market price. There is always a better deal out there but the choice is to spend hours hunting for it or just spend another $50-$100 and be done with it. I have been lucky with some amazing deals, but I literally search for months when I want something. There's one that's been on my list for years. As a friend explained to me, if I added up the cost of the time I spend searching I'd be much better off to just go to a store any pay them double what a gun is worth, LOL.

For those of you that say you can just walk into a LGS and buy a G19 for $530, you're lucky. I haven't checked in the last couple weeks, but for quite a while 19's were rare at the stores I visit. The ones that I did see didn't last long.

I don't blame the buyers. As explained in length on another thread - resellers are douches.

Brand New Gen 3 Glock 20 from Cherokee Gun during all this madness for $530.

Add NS from Glock for $57.

These prices on here are just stupid.

And if I sold a $650 Glock on here I'd be "nice" and "appreciative" as well. LOL!!!!

I agree the prices are stupid, but if you want a gen 4 Glock 9mm, you can't just go to a LGS and buy one. You can make 50 trips and still not be lucky enough to find one. gen 3's sell for a few bucks less, but you can't find a gen 3 in 9mm as well.
ODT makes it easy to find the gun you like, make arrangements with the seller and go pick it up. If other ODTers want to drive around to 10 different LGS over a weekend...... fine with me. I would rather pay a little more, get what i want and go put some rounds through it.
My visit to Academy over the weekend found no Glock 9mm available.....none. Selling them out the door for $620..... and gone as fast as they come in. We can ***** about it all we want, but the reality. And, I would assume the buyers of those Glocks feel good about their purchase.
I can't wait for lower prices again and hope it is near. But, as long as people are cleaning the shelves the prices will remain.
Not my rule, don't hate me. Just the current environment we are in.

I agree the prices are stupid, but if you want a gen 4 Glock 9mm, you can't just go to a LGS and buy one. You can make 50 trips and still not be lucky enough to find one. gen 3's sell for a few bucks less, but you can't find a gen 3 in 9mm as well.
ODT makes it easy to find the gun you like, make arrangements with the seller and go pick it up. If other ODTers want to drive around to 10 different LGS over a weekend...... fine with me. I would rather pay a little more, get what i want and go put some rounds through it.
My visit to Academy over the weekend found no Glock 9mm available.....none. Selling them out the door for $620..... and gone as fast as they come in. We can ***** about it all we want, but the reality. And, I would assume the buyers of those Glocks feel good about their purchase.
I can't wait for lower prices again and hope it is near. But, as long as people are cleaning the shelves the prices will remain.
Not my rule, don't hate me. Just the current environment we are in.

You payed more that market average, period. Was it worth it or a rip off? No, the extra cost was worth the ability to have it right then for you and not call around gun stores or wait for one. That said, your demand for a Glock is very high compared to the average market demand, because of that the prices won't come down as fast. It gets the panties of guys like me in a bunch because I just don't see eye to eye on our demand, I cant fathom paying more than MSRP for a commonly available gun, even if that meant a few months waiting on it.

You payed more that market average, period. Was it worth it or a rip off? No, the extra cost was worth the ability to have it right then for you and not call around gun stores or wait for one. That said, your demand for a Glock is very high compared to the average market demand, because of that the prices won't come down as fast. It gets the panties of guys like me in a bunch because I just don't see eye to eye on our demand, I cant fathom paying more than MSRP for a commonly available gun, even if that meant a few months waiting on it.

i understand where you are coming from...... i just don't let it get my panties in a wad. thank the current administration for the current gun environment and we are likely to see more manic buying in the future every time the 2nd is attacked.

i understand where you are coming from...... i just don't let it get my panties in a wad. thank the current administration for the current gun environment and we are likely to see more manic buying in the future every time the 2nd is attacked.

Sorry, but I choose my own actions. I'm not blaming somebody else for running around like scared children thinking their toys are gonna be taken away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom