Old MF! Learn something about scopes today!

https://www.amazon.com/Sight-Mark-SM39002-Sightmark-Boresight/dp/B000YQ34JY
61koGumbbaL._AC_UL116_SR116,116_.jpg
I understand y'all are talking about centering the crosshairs inside the tube. That does not mean the scope is properly aligned with the barrel. I use a cartridge based boresight with Red Laser. They make them in all sorts of Calibers. Insert batteries into the laser. Drop the laser into the chamber and close the chamber.

The second time I did this I used a very large shed with no windows and turned the lights off. Adjust the optic to match the laser dot. realistically the sights should be an inch or so above the dot. That will get you on paper at 100 yards.

(If) you can see the laser dot at 100 or 200 yards, again adjusting the crosshairs to match the dot will get you on zero with most rifle calibers. The First time I tried this, was at night. I had my kids telling me where the dot was because at 100 yards I couldn't see it.

Once it is set and verified at the range, remove the turret cap and reset the alignment by reinstalling the turret caps at the new zero,

What's the big deal about getting on paper at 50 yards, if not 100? Set up a target, pull the bolt, look carefully through the barrel, and line it up with the target, propping/holding as necessary. Adjust the scope to match. Fire one shot. Two shots later, max, you should have it zeroed at 100 yards.

I do this all the time, even with lever guns, never mind ARs.

Granted, I do this with high quality adjustable rests, but you can do the same with any kind of bags. Just takes a little longer to set up, but not more shots if you are careful.

There is a trick though... have good quality scopes mounted with all the screws tight. Junk scopes, junk mounts, not torqued right... have a nice day I'm out.

I'll be polite about it though.

I understand y'all are talking about centering the crosshairs inside the tube. That does not mean the scope is properly aligned with the barrel. I use a cartridge based boresight with Red Laser. They make them in all sorts of Calibers. Insert batteries into the laser. Drop the laser into the chamber and close the chamber.

The second time I did this I used a very large shed with no windows and turned the lights off. Adjust the optic to match the laser dot. realistically the sights should be an inch or so above the dot. That will get you on paper at 100 yards.

(If) you can see the laser dot at 100 or 200 yards, again adjusting the crosshairs to match the dot will get you on zero with most rifle calibers. The First time I tried this, was at night. I had my kids telling me where the dot was because at 100 yards I couldn't see it.

Once it is set and verified at the range, remove the turret cap and reset the alignment by reinstalling the turret caps at the new zero,
Those don't work either

Would not work, There is so little adjustment in these big scoops that you would run out of adjustment before you got to where you wanted to be

What's the big deal about getting on paper at 50 yards, if not 100? Set up a target, pull the bolt, look carefully through the barrel, and line it up with the target, propping/holding as necessary. Adjust the scope to match. Fire one shot. Two shots later, max, you should have it zeroed at 100 yards.

I do this all the time, even with lever guns, never mind ARs.

Granted, I do this with high quality adjustable rests, but you can do the same with any kind of bags. Just takes a little longer to set up, but not more shots if you are careful.

There is a trick though... have good quality scopes mounted with all the screws tight. Junk scopes, junk mounts, not torqued right... have a nice day I'm out.

I'll be polite about it though.
Sounds like u are the man!

Back
Top Bottom