• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Old School Skateboarders

sledgehammer

Default rank <1000 posts
Ain’t much of a crime, whackin’ a surly bartender
37   0
Reaction score
Are there any old school skateboarders here in the ODT? Back in the 1970's I was hardcore. Me and my crew skated local ramps and halfpipes in Gainesville, GA, then progressed to National Skateboard Park and The Tube near Atlanta. These four sticks are an example of my quiver. The Z-Flex on the right was signed by Jay Adams a few months before he passed away. Anyone out there remember Progressive? I purchased my first Dogtown deck there. I was 15. I'm telling my age now, lol! -Cj
20150701_185344.jpg

These are seriously cool. I skated throughout the 90s, so I am too young to have actually seen these while they were still in production. But for years I searched thriugh yard sales trying to find old decks like these. I was really into old school skating around 95, and I started learning all the flatland tricks I could.

I was born in 1980. When I was a little fat kid I would sit on a skateboard and ride down some hills in my neighborhood.
Me too! Ever ride two at once? Sit on one and stretch your legs out to another?

We called it "double skateboards" and we crashed the **** out of "double skateboards."

Back
Top Bottom