• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Old truck patina - can it be clear coated?

Give it a good scrubbing with comet and gray scotch bright pad. Rinse well and let dry. Then mask off the glass and trim and shoot some clear on it. We have done several at our shop in Dawsonville. PM me if you need more info.

Give it a good scrubbing with comet and gray scotch bright pad. Rinse well and let dry. Then mask off the glass and trim and shoot some clear on it. We have done several at our shop in Dawsonville. PM me if you need more info.
I can’t tell you how many old cars&trucks we’ve bought over the years that were covered in pine sap and such. I know this works ^^^^^^^

We have scoured this thing pretty good. Just finished pressure washin' under the bed area. I think both tanks are full of varnish and sludge so those are getting.dropped and cleaned as soon as the dang rain lets up next week. Poppa Mike Poppa Mike I'll def try the clear coat that way. Thx. (Before and after pressure.washing. This thing lived an easy life I think)

PXL_20210619_184236103.jpg
PXL_20210619_190827308.jpg

Thx -always open to ideas! Any specific year to look for? And do they bolt in or would I need an adapter?
60s and 70s. Alot of peeps call them "Corvette" wheels but they came in other cars too. Buicks, Camaro etc. It requires a hub to bolt on and be able to use the horn

IMG_20210620_105041741.jpg

I think this one is out of a Buick, beings it is color matched. That is a horn button that would be in a Camaro.

IMG_20210620_105316506.jpg

This one is a Corvette, beings it is black( to my understanding all Vette wheels were black)

IMG_20210620_105412590.jpg

This one is out of a Cutlass but has a Corvette horn button. Also, it's an inch or more smaller in diameter

Back
Top Bottom