• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Old truck patina - can it be clear coated?

Did you go 4 door or 2? I like’em both but looks alone, that 2 door does it for me. And I was just messing around about Cadcom having money lol , I have no idea how rich he is and ain’t my business. My youngest girl just bought a new Ranger and as much as I like it….. I’ve grown fond of older trucks/cars. They are nice and bout drive their self though (the new stuff).
We wouldn't do anything but the 2 door. As nice as it would be for the extra space, it takes away from the old Bronco look. We went with the Outer Banks in the Area 51 color. I know there is another package that she added for all the other amenities but it's going to be her baby not mine and she's worked hard her whole life and deserves it.

On the other hand I wouldn't mind having one of those Centurion 4 door Broncos. I don't know why, I just think they are odd enough to capture my attention. That or the Centurion Van/Truck mutant LOL

I wasn't making any assumptions about his financial ability to build out the truck. Just having some fun and wishing people would let go of there old Blazers, Broncos, Scouts, RamCharger, TrailDusters, etc. Should have bought a few when they were worth their weight in scrap.

As a side note, my wife really wanted an old Bronco but thank God they came out with the new one. We ordered her a 2 door with all the bells and whistles. Unfortunately because of that, we are still waiting. I can only imagine after the first day of driving an old one, she'd want to give it back LOL

The K5 has a new motor. Waiting on my Softtopper to come in and then Ill put on the original rallys and 33's. Has rust in rockers and cargo area like most do but it's dang sure going to be a boat towing, weekend warrior soon.

The K5 has a new motor. Waiting on my Softtopper to come in and then Ill put on the original rallys and 33's. Has rust in rockers and cargo area like most do but it's dang sure going to be a boat towing, weekend warrior soon.

Let me know how you like the softopper. I got one to put on mine, just haven't done it yet

We have scoured this thing pretty good. Just finished pressure washin' under the bed area. I think both tanks are full of varnish and sludge so those are getting.dropped and cleaned as soon as the dang rain lets up next week. @Poppa Mike I'll def try the clear coat that way. Thx. (Before and after pressure.washing. This thing lived an easy life I think)

View attachment 3317421 View attachment 3317422
Rock auto has new tanks for around $100

the Georgia C-10 club has a meet up every couple of months at a farm
Near Cleveland.
My son wanted a old Chevy pickup for his first car.
Except he was very specific , he wanted a Stepside 4wd 4 speed .

Rock auto has new tanks for around $100

the Georgia C-10 club has a meet up every couple of months at a farm
Near Cleveland.
My son wanted a old Chevy pickup for his first car.
Except he was very specific , he wanted a Stepside 4wd 4 speed .
'
He has good taste!

'
He has good taste!
when he was 15 he started making noise about wanted a car and we told him that if he leaned a foreign language we’d get him a car

thought we were off the hook because we didn’t hear anything else for a few weeks but then one day he announced:
“ I have my first Spanish lesson on Saturday, and I think I want a 68 Chevelle”

so we started looking for Chevelles that were not total rust Buckets.

I can swap an engine in the driveway on the weekend but I can’t fix rust . That’s way beyond my ability.

could be a 307 power glide as long as it moved and didn’t have rust holes you could see through.

and about two weeks into the search we are playing video games one Saturday morning and he looks up and says “who’s that ?! Is that uncle Scott? Is that his truck ?!”

tossed the controller and ran out the door.
My brother has Arrived to borrow my wood splitter , in his black 4wd 4 speed 1984 Chevy Stepside.
Kid thought that was cooler than ten chevelles.

Back
Top Bottom