• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

? on fixing / shipping a used gun

Xcaliber

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
101   0
Reaction score
what happens if you bought a gun used (person to person), it's defective (can't get thru a range session w/o malfunctions) and needs to go back to manufacturer? I asked ruger this question and they stated I would need to go to FFL 1st and pay for the transfer 1st & shipping of it. this sound right? ruger actually stated that if you're the current owner of a (used) ruger, you NEED to do this anyway. thoughts?

What model, how old and what are the malfunctions ? Ruger used to have good support, no recent experience. If you can't find the problem locally, it's probably worth sending back to them as requested.

Couple of years back I bought a ruger that had not been converted to new model. Called Ruger and they sent out a box for me to send it back. Decided not to but that was all that was needed. I've sent several back to other makers and the same thing, or email a shipping label and drop it off at a company Fedex store. Always sent back at no charge.

Couple of years back I bought a ruger that had not been converted to new model. Called Ruger and they sent out a box for me to send it back. Decided not to but that was all that was needed. I've sent several back to other makers and the same thing, or email a shipping label and drop it off at a company Fedex store. Always sent back at no charge.
This has been my experience. As was explained to me, no transfer of ownership is occurring, therefore they sent a box and label. It’s been a while, but I think the same logic applies. Each manufacturer may have different policies???

Back
Top Bottom