• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

? on fixing / shipping a used gun

Bought a gun new, sat in my safe past the warranty period. I took it out and during
first shooting session the revolver extracting rod came apart. Yes a Ruger, the rod is
a couple of pieces complete with spring. Wrote and was given a shipping label and told
it would cost 30 dollars to ship. Shipped via Fedex, was fixed and sent to the house.
Dont know why you would need to go to FFL.

I asked ruger this question and they stated I would need to go to FFL 1st and pay for the transfer 1st & shipping of it. this sound right? ruger actually stated that if you're the current owner of a (used) ruger, you NEED to do this anyway. thoughts
Maybe call back and get a different service rep. When I called in the Lady rep didn't know the mic was open and launched into a verbal volley at her last customer in which I learned many things about his linage and current sexual proclivities. Then she switched into pleasant Grandma mode and asked how she could help me. Took a minute to stop laughing and scared her badly when I explained why I was!

what happens if you bought a gun used (person to person), it's defective (can't get thru a range session w/o malfunctions) and needs to go back to manufacturer? I asked ruger this question and they stated I would need to go to FFL 1st and pay for the transfer 1st & shipping of it. this sound right? ruger actually stated that if you're the current owner of a (used) ruger, you NEED to do this anyway. thoughts?
If that's the case, they have really changed. i had a cylinder fitter to a Blackhawk, and "back in the day" mailed it to Ruger (gun) and they mailed it back to me with the new cylinder.

Have shipped a Dan Wesson to CZ for repair, and went door to door.

Back
Top Bottom