• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Opinion: Should states have mandatory training to receive CCW license?

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
Kinda curious what y'all have to say on the matter.

Should states like Georgia require classroom training and/or a pass/fail live-fire test before one is issued their CCW license?

If you're for it, and you don't mind, I'd like to hear your thoughts on what such curriculum/training would encompass.

If you're against, why?

I've got my own opinion on the matter, I'll chime in later. Personally, I feel that the government should not have the authority to regulate, and any non-felon adult should be allowed to carry, but let's disregard that. Let's say it's gotta be a permit.

Semper Fi!

Yes, with possible exemption for prior military and leo

Keep in mind we are talking about a license to carry, not to own.

Yes, with possible exemption for prior military and leo

Keep in mind we are talking about a license to carry, not to own.

I am opposed to a license to carry too. Do you have a license to exercise your first ammendment rights? How about your fifth?

I am opposed to a license to carry too. Do you have a license to exercise your first ammendment rights? How about your fifth?

I'm right there with ya.
In order to sell us a license, they have to take the right first, then sell us our right back.

I'm opposed to the carry license, so I'm very opposed to mandatory training. Freedom comes with individual responsibility. People have carried weapons of all types since the beginning of time. Opening the door to one infringement always leads to further infringements down the road. The second amendment should be our carry permit, and that's all.

Back
Top Bottom