Opinion: Should states have mandatory training to receive CCW license?

Mandatory no. But you should go take a class. Heck if they advertised it right they could make it look like you had to take a class to get one, said Machiavelli.

I have had my own guns at the age of 12 been around guns all my life and I am now 70. So with that said if you try to tell me I need training.You will need first aid lessons on yourself.But in today's world some guys do need training.

If there was a mandatory training classes I would suggest it to be similar to how you have to take hunter safety course. I believe it would be benificial to teach UOF laws, prime example is the waffle house woman. another thing that would be good to teach is basic safety and knowledge, I know many people who have a GWL and are carrying their first firearm with complete ignorance of the laws regarding use of deadly force and don't know how to carry a weapon safely (carrying in a pocket with junk in the same pocket, using range ammo as carry ammo, etc.). but I don't believe it should be mandatory but heavily encouraged.

No. Nothing mandatory. Period.

I'm all for gov't meddling less, not more. You give an inch they'll take a mile. I truly believe that. I'm also a proponent of states rights. Those laws stop at the state line.

That being said, I bet 95% of the people on here paid to take a drivers test that allows them to drive on public roads. Driving isn't a right as keeping and bearing arms is but I hope even the dimmest folks can see my point. Nowadays people have to schedule an appointment to take the test and pay for it. If you want to drive a motorcycle it's a seperate test as well. However you can drive in any state in the country on that license.

It's crazy that a non-felonous citizen needs to be "allowed" to exercise their "inalienable rights". Without 50 state reciprocity tho, I'd be willing to pass a proficiency test that would enable me to carry concealed or open the weapon of my choice in all 50 states (and DC). It's all or nothing. It would also be strictly voluntary, at no point a requirement.

* I'm sure there will be plenty of keyboard commando's on here to tell me how wrong I am. That's good, because I care about your opinion about my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom