• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Others and your firearms\weapons choices.

Nope, other than getting general opinions from people that have experience with a particular weapon.
Ditto. On the other hand, I tend to avoid people that want to discuss weapons yet they have no clue what they're talking about. They start spewing fallacies as facts and misleading people.

Absolutely. My friend, Roy, who owns a ranch in Wyoming got me interested in cowboy action shooting.
My son's interest in modern tactical guns put a few AR's and FN's in my safe. My grandfather and fathers love of quail/dove hunting put some Browning A-5's and BENELLI's in the inventory.

Watching cowboy shows growing up led to a few Colts and Winchesters. Where my 1911 interest came from I can't pinpoint....but I'll bet somebody influenced me.

HK P7's? Idk.

Of course, they have. My father was the first one to put a gun in my hand. I think back at his gun cabinet and loved looking at his guns. My brother started me down a tactical path...I still remember the day he brought home his AR. I wanted one everyday till I finally got rid of my AK and traded for one. My friends got me into to concealed carry and the larger the caliber the better. I have been influenced by those that I know. A good friend of my family finally got me to shoot his Glock. He also corrected my grip, and now I understand...and now I want a 17, so yes I have been influenced.

Yes. My best friend from middle school up to this day has had significant influences on my various selections of weapons and suppressors/optics. After high school we both joined the service. He was a green beret for 7 years of his 12 year career while I was an infantry leg my whole 10. We both hve shared many combat experiences. He's family, friend, and (to airsofters) a celebrity lolol he'd laugh at that. His input is by no means the end all be all, and we bitch and gripe like a married couple on some things but generally we both listen to each other genuinely. Funny thing is now days he calls me with the questions, I stayed in the hobby deeper than he did upon exit. He's definitely been the reason I do or don't own 1000s of dollar of s*** but a lot of time I tell him to suck a d*** and buy something like a Cobray M11 or star .380 hahaha he tried hating on the Draco SBR then he shot it and knew he was wrong and now owns an arsenal Krink SBR

My experiences in the Marine Corps make me lean towards the M16 platform, the M1911A1, and Beretta 92 family, as well as bolt action rifles.

My years in CAS with friends has given me a liking for Colt SAA's and lever guns.

USPSA reaffirmed my love for the 1911.

Over 2 decades in LE gave me the Glock, SIG's, and Benelli shotguns.

Back
Top Bottom