• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Outdoor Shooting Range within 2 hours of Atlanta?

What about an outdoor range in NE Georgia around Gainesville/Flowery Branch area? Anyone know?

Wilson shoals WMA... its only 75 yards and they don allow metal targets. which is gay. cant really hear the target you hit so it deducts the fun factor. its free and nice

Wilson shoals WMA... its only 75 yards and they don allow metal targets. which is gay. cant really hear the target you hit so it deducts the fun factor. its free and nice

Couple of questions about Wilson Shoals, guys.

1. Is there a height requirement for your target stands?

2. Do they have benches?

3. Do they have a broom and dustpan for brass clean up, or do you need your own?

4. Do you have to take your brass with you, or can you dispose of it there?

Man I miss going to the Redlands.

I really need to practice at 50-75 yards and Wilson shoals seems to fit the bill. I found info on the WMA shooting ranges on the DNR site, but I'm sure things vary from range to range.

Thanks!

Couple of questions about Wilson Shoals, guys.

1. Is there a height requirement for your target stands? not that I'm aware of. they have stands there that you can use just bring some cardboard and something to attach your targets with (tape or staples)

2. Do they have benches? yes, nice covered benches.

3. Do they have a broom and dustpan for brass clean up, or do you need your own? pretty sure I saw a broom there last time but I just picked up my own brass. they have a trash can to dispose of your brass if you don't want it.

4. Do you have to take your brass with you, or can you dispose of it there? you can get rid of it there.
they always have a rangemaster there, I've been a couple of times during the week and it's been great. heard it gets a bit crowded during weekends but i don't know.

I've been to the WMA range up near Resaca (up I-75 to highway 136 go west, turn right at dead end and it's about 100 yards on the right). nice range as well but no target stands really and no range master. but they do have 100 yards which is nice. $5 to park and shoot as much as you want.

I need to check out the other places up around Cartersville, need to shoot some loads i"ve been developing and ran out of time... and got a chrono I want to try out.

If you come out to Creekside before Saturday at closing time and let me know you are from the ODT I will give a discount. You must tell me that you saw this thread AND ask for the discount.

THIS IS GOOD ONLY UNTIL CLOSING TIME ON SATURDAY MAY 21 2011!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom