• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Outdoor Shooting Range within 2 hours of Atlanta?

I miss a couple things moving from PA. And one is the availibilty of free ranges within 5 miles of home. Also reasonable priced gun clubs. My son belongs to 3 all have outdoor ranges up to 800 yards. Two have indoor ranges as well. Price each less then 80 bucks a year one is only $50. So why is the local range to me $600 yr with a$600 initiation fee? One thing may be the clubs in PA also have a bar and have various fund raising like a winning number weekly, raffles, snack bar etc...

I miss that as well. I have never payed to shoot my own guns until I moved to Ga.

Yeah, he definitely isn't a "people person", then again i don't think anyone there is. Also, I personally avoid buying the ammo that they load themselves. I had 3 separate guns jam on it in the same day (M1 carbine, Ar-15, and XD9) I had to leave them with their gunsmith to get the (live) rounds out of the guns, then when i picked them up they told me that it happened because they were dirty. I, like im sure most of you, clean my guns very thoroughly after every trip to the range... not to mention the XD was about 2 weeks old at the time and still had less than 1k rds through it.

Its fine if you just want a place to go and shoot, but i wouldn't recommend it to new shooters, and i don't like to do too much business there.

Just my .02

I'm not real sure why you say this, every time I go in there Greg is always more than happy to help me and discuss anything gun and non-gun related. I'm also puzzled why you say the employees arent people people considering we speak to every person as they come through the door. When it's busy it's hard to sit and talk to every customer.

As far as the rangemaster comments, when it's busy and they see people being idiots they will come correct you. I was there this past saturday and there infact was a range master outside watching the firing line. Don't think they dont watch out those window closest to the range.

Also their gunsmith is probably one of the best around the west GA area. You may infact clean your gun, but do you clean where it counts?

Alex

Just speaking from my experience. They have never been rude, but lack of rude-ness does not indicate the presence of customer service. I obviously don't know them as well as you, and maybe they have always been having a bad day when I have been there.

I try to be as thorough as possible when I clean my weapons, however, I feel that the fact that i had 3 guns jam with live rounds in the chamber while shooting their ammunition (Keep in mind one of the guns was nearly brand new), coupled with the fact that I have never had any of those guns jam, before or after, shooting many other types of ammo, makes their ammo suspect.

I have also had others with the same opinion as me. But keep in mind, it is just an opinion, others will have differing views and experiences.

Now, if i misread you, and you are offering to come clean my guns, just let me know! ;)

Well, I had expected to give someone a discount this past weekend but no one took me up on the offer. Oh well.

I really wanted to get out there - ended up being too busy. Made a deal with a guy (which was awesome), but he could only meet up Saturday afternoon, which kind of blew up my whole day. Anyways - I will get out there soon. I have a new Nikon scope for my AR and am itching to try it out at 100 or 200 yards. I would also love to practice with my little Marlin 17HMR.

By the way - what's your name so I'm not asking for "the ninja guy from ODT"? If you don't want it public maybe PM me? That way I know who to ask for when I'm there! (Not expecting a discount - just to say "what's up").

Back
Top Bottom