• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

P320 Suppressed - Someone please help me, cause I give up!!!!

juju151

Default rank <200 posts Supporter
JuJu's Custom Shop
52   0
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get their P320 to run suppressed?

I've got 2 P320's...an X5 and an XFull. Both of them run 100% unsuppressed, but when I put the can on them, they both do exactly the same thing. I have tried every suggestion that I could find on the internet, and nothing has worked. I beveled the optic hole on the bottom of the slide to keep the disconnector from hanging up, and I also bought the fat guide rods, and every spring weight from 7# to 15#...and I have tried them all.

I started with the 15# spring which results in the spent case only being extracted 1/4" out of the chamber...so you have to rack the slide after every shot.

Working down from there, when you get to around 12# it will extract and eject most of the time, but will stovepipe a few times per mag and will stop just short of going into battery...so you have to bump the slide with your thumb after every shot. Also it will not lock back on the last round.

When you get down to the 9# spring it ejects fine, no more stovepipes, and will lock back on the last round occationally...but still stops just out of battery on every shot.

With the 7# spring it's pretty much the same as the 9#, but it will lock back more often on the last shot, still stopping just out of battery.

I have tried them with an Obsidian 45, Alaskan 360, and Omega 36M...and yes, I am running a booster on all of them. I have ALOT of pistol hosts in 9mm and .45...Glocks, Berettas, FNs, CZs, XDM, Dan Wessons, S&Ws, Kimbers, Caniks, Sars, Tisas, other Sigs, and even Staccato...and ALL OF THOSE run 100% suppressed without any tuning or modification other than adding a threaded barrel.

So with my P320s, if you use a spring weight strong enough to get the slide to drop into battery, the slide doesn't travel back far enough to eject reliably...but if you use a spring weight light enough to eject reliably, it will not drop all the way into battery. So I'm not sure what else to do...there's alot of threads out on the interwebs about it, so I'm not the only one having the issue, but like I said, I've tried every suggestion that I could find.

Edited to add: I have been using 147gr FMJ subsonic ammo to test all of my pistol hosts, but did try 115gr and 124gr in the 320's with the 12# spring, but had the same results. I'm using an Armory Craft barrel on the X5, and a SilencerCo barrel on the XFULL. Also, I have cleaned and lubed the piston, along with cleaning the gun and oiling the frame rails and barrel contact points before every test.

If anyone can help me figure out how to get these things to run with a can, please let me know.

Thanks!

JuJu

What ammo? Hot supers or low powered subs?
Sorry forgot to mention that...

147gr subs are what I've used to test functionality in all of my pistol hosts.
But I did try some 115gr and 124gr fmj using the 12# spring with the same results. I haven't tried any +p...just standard loads, but if these things need real hot supers to run, then I'd probably just leave them unsuppressed.

I think the Alaskan should be the lightest and therefore add the least amount of weight to your barrel. Surprised the full power loadings aren't cycling reliably.

If you have slow motion video capability on your phone, you may want to capture this malfunction and post it here and elsewhere for input. Does the P320 slide and barrel weigh significantly less than other 9mm handguns you are able to suppress reliably?

If others are having the same issue, then it probably is just not a good host from the factory and the issues are inherent to the design. You may try swapping the barrel, a quick search shows others have been successful with a silencerco barrel.
Thanks, that's another thing that I forgot to add...

I'm running an Armory Craft barrel in the X5, which is the only one that I could find available for it...and I'm running a SilencerCo barrel in the XFULL.

This might sound stupid; but have you tried greasing/oiling your barrel up by the front of the slide. There may be just enough drag that it isn't sliding cleanly with the new barrels and not going completely back into battery. Another drag point might be how the mags are moving in the barrel cuts. Look as see if the mags have drag marks on the tops of the lips. Just guessing here; but something is slowing down the slide.

Back
Top Bottom