• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

P320 Suppressed - Someone please help me, cause I give up!!!!

I think you're exactly right, and I've seen several people on the internet say that they just kept shooting it and finally it broke in and started working after a few hundred rounds, but then I've seen others saying they have 800-1000 rounds through theirs and it's still doing the same thing. I've got a couple hunred through mine so far, so maybe I just need to keep slinging lead until it finally breaks in, or maybe I'll just be wasting ammo and getting a thumb workout for no reason. LoL...who knows!

But yes, I have also thought about just leaving the 15# spring in it, or maybe going up to the highest weight spring I can find just to keep the slide closed when firing and turn it into a single shot to keep it as quiet as possible...and that's probably what I'll end up doing.
Maybe instead of live fire wear in, you get a little polish/jewelers paste and watch an action movie, dry firing it and racking the slide at the bad guys. Same wear but cheaper and you can drink beer at the same time.

Drop in barrels aren’t hand fit so they work a little weird depending on the rest of the upper they are in.

Just curious, with and without the suppressor on, try slow walking the slide to almost where it is locked up, then release it. It should lock up by its self, if not you may have some sort of bind on the aftermarket barrel. Most barrels have a “May need to be fitted” in their disclaimers..

I had that issue with a Glock and lubed it down with Mothers aluminum mag polish and shot 100 rds through it unsuppressed . After that, I stripped it down, cleaned it, lubed it, and the issue went away. I’m not saying this will fix yours, but it did mine.
At first, when slow walking the X5 without a magazine, I could get it to stop out of battery easily...I thought it was something to do with the barrel, but finally figured out that it was the disconnector hanging up in the optic screw hole on the bottom of the slide. So I took a file and beveled the back edge of that hole just a bit, which solved that issue completely so that I could not get it do stop out of battery at all. At that point I thought I had it whipped.

The XFULL on the other hand doesn't have that optic screw hole in the slide, so I could never get that one to stop out of battery when slow walking it.

But, with the lighter springs it seems that the out of battery stoppage is now being caused because the spring doesn't have enough pressure to strip a round out of the mag along with getting the slide to fully close.

I did try putting some Flitz on the barrel and slide contact points and hand cycled quite a bit. That polished up the barrel real nice at the contact points, but no change in unfunctionality. LoL

Maybe instead of live fire wear in, you get a little polish/jewelers paste and watch an action movie, dry firing it and racking the slide at the bad guys. Same wear but cheaper and you can drink beer at the same time.

Drop in barrels aren’t hand fit so they work a little weird depending on the rest of the upper they are in.
Good idea!!! But I think I'll just watch MSNBC instead of the action movie. ;)

That’s weird. Mine run no problem suppresses (CGS mod9sk). It could be a few things. You said you were using a booster. You said the barrel is piled up. Is the gun clean? Are there any burrs on the slide or frame? Are your shooting factory ammo or reloads that you loaded down? Could be the can is too heavy on the barrel? If we shoot at the same spots we can try it in my legions to see if I get the same issue.

That’s weird. Mine run no problem suppresses (CGS mod9sk). It could be a few things. You said you were using a booster. You said the barrel is piled up. Is the gun clean? Are there any burrs on the slide or frame? Are your shooting factory ammo or reloads that you loaded down? Could be the can is too heavy on the barrel? If we shoot at the same spots we can try it in my legions to see if I get the same issue.
Yes, I have cleaned and oiled the gun and cleaned and lubed the piston before every range trip.
There are no burrs on the slide or frame as far as I can tell...it feels like butter when hand cycling.
I'm shooting factory FMJ ammo...I've tried 115gr, 124gr, and 147gr, which all run fine without the suppressor.
What do you mean by the barrel is piled up?

Looks like the Mod 9KS is alot smaller than my Obsidian 45...so it's probably the weight of the can.

Had issues with p320 axg combat and turned out to be barrel was out of spec. Had massive wear on barrel hood after 200 rounds. Sent it in and got it back with a new barrel. No more wear so it’s no longer rubbing.

Also found once it gets dry it’ll start hanging up.

White luthium on barrel and piston does the trick. Smooth as butter.

Yes, I have cleaned and oiled the gun and cleaned and lubed the piston before every range trip.
There are no burrs on the slide or frame as far as I can tell...it feels like butter when hand cycling.
I'm shooting factory FMJ ammo...I've tried 115gr, 124gr, and 147gr, which all run fine without the suppressor.
What do you mean by the barrel is piled up?

Looks like the Mod 9KS is alot smaller than my Obsidian 45...so it's probably the weight of the can.
That was a typo. I meant oiled. Do you think the barrel could be out of spec? I’d contact sig. that’s really weird. You shouldn’t be having these problems.

That was a typo. I meant oiled. Do you think the barrel could be out of spec? I’d contact sig. that’s really weird. You shouldn’t be having these problems.
Ahhh...gotcha. I don't know about them being out of spec. I mean, it's possible...but since both of them have different brand barrels and are both doing exactly the same thing, I doubt that they're both out of spec. Armory Craft in the X5 and SilencerCo in the XFULL...and since both of these have aftermarket barrels, I doubt that Sig would even talk to me about the issue at all.

I've seen quite a few posts about this same issue from people using Sig factory threaded barrels and Sig suppressors, and Sig wanted them to send the gun and suppressor in to them. After sending it back, some say that Sig replaced the barrel and did some other tuning, which helped in some cases, and others say that it made no difference and are still having the issue.

I have also seen it mentioned a couple of times, that this issue seems to have started after the "voluntary upgrade" (cough, cough, volutary recall) happened...and that it mainly affects pistols that went through the "voluntary upgrade" process, along with the pistols made after that, which have those "voluntary upgrade" modifications.

Ahhh...gotcha. I don't know about them being out of spec. I mean, it's possible...but since both of them have different brand barrels and are both doing exactly the same thing, I doubt that they're both out of spec. Armory Craft in the X5 and SilencerCo in the XFULL...and since both of these have aftermarket barrels, I doubt that Sig would even talk to me about the issue at all.

I've seen quite a few posts about this same issue from people using Sig factory threaded barrels and Sig suppressors, and Sig wanted them to send the gun and suppressor in to them. After sending it back, some say that Sig replaced the barrel and did some other tuning, which helped in some cases, and others say that it made no difference and are still having the issue.

I have also seen it mentioned a couple of times, that this issue seems to have started after the "voluntary upgrade" (cough, cough, volutary recall) happened...and that it mainly affects pistols that went through the "voluntary upgrade" process, along with the pistols made after that, which have those "voluntary upgrade" modifications.
Man that sucks to be having these issues.

Back
Top Bottom