• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

P320 Suppressed - Someone please help me, cause I give up!!!!

If you want to get weird with it, just turn it into a HUSH PUPPY. Figure out a way to lock the slide closed during the shot (either with your thumb behind it or maybe the slide stop/safety can be modified) and then you have the quietest 9mm pistol possible with zero action noise. It's bolt action at that point, but still awesome.
By no means am I an expert nor should anyone take my advice, but...I'd be leary about putting your thumb behind the slide on a 9mm pistol. I did this for years with a 10/22 and that's one thing. I suspect you'd break your thumb on a 9mm pistol...but maybe just have someone hold your beer and get after it. :noidea:

By no means am I an expert nor should anyone take my advice, but...I'd be leary about putting your thumb behind the slide on a 9mm pistol. I did this for years with a 10/22 and that's one thing. I suspect you'd break your thumb on a 9mm pistol...but maybe just have someone hold your beer and go after it. :noidea:
LoL...saw my father in law do that once with one of my Glocks. Bet he'll never do that again!

With these P320's you don't have to put your thumb behind the slide if you're running a 15# or heavier spring because the slide will only move back about 1/4" and stop.

LoL...saw my father in law do that once with one of my Glocks. Bet he'll never do that again!

With these P320's you don't have to put your thumb behind the slide if you're running a 15# or heavier spring because the slide will only move back about 1/4" and stop.
a 15 pound spring on a 9mm handgun. That's ludicrous! :laugh:

I hope you get it running. :thumb:

Man that sucks to be having these issues.

Pistol suppression is annoying and hardly worth the squeeze. I mean I’m glad I’ve gone down that road once but I’m unlikely to do it again
Nah...it's really not that big of a deal. Like I said in the original post, I have ALOT of other pistol hosts, and they all run 100% without any tuning or mods at all...and I've got more on the way, along with a few more 1911 threaded barrels that I ordered today. So I've got plenty of others to play with, and I've been having a blast with these suppressors so far.

It just has me a little puzzled as to why these P320's will not run...and it's more about me being stubborn and refusing to give in and accept defeat. LoL...but if I can't figure it out, it's nothing that I'll lose any sleep over. They both shoot great unsuppressed, so I'll just put the factory barrels back in them, or else I'll put an #18 spring in them and use them as a single shot suppressed which will make them a little more quiet.

But hey guys...I really appreciate the advise and suggestions! I will keep you all updated on whether I make any progress or not. Thanks everyone!

Maybe ammo? I wound up going with 135 grain powder coated cast over 4.1 gr of cleanshot. Put me in the sweet spot of reliable cycling and subsonic.

But, since you tried different springs, changing ammo shouldn’t matter.

After re-re-reading your original post i might suggest you try a hotter subsonic load and run the heavier spring. Seems you need more spring to get it to lock up which will also require a hotter load to cycle.

Maybe ammo? I wound up going with 135 grain powder coated cast over 4.1 gr of cleanshot. Put me in the sweet spot of reliable cycling and subsonic.

But, since you tried different springs, changing ammo shouldn’t matter.

After re-re-reading your original post i might suggest you try a hotter subsonic load and run the heavier spring. Seems you need more spring to get it to lock up which will also require a hotter load to cycle.
Thanks for the info...

Which P320 model do you have? And are you using the factory recoil spring with your loads?

It’s a custom works axg combat using a silencerco hybrid 46m in the short configuration and stock spring.

I think the stock spring is too stiff and I’m considering trying a lighter spring to be able to lighten up my loads.

Sorry forgot to mention that...

147gr subs are what I've used to test functionality in all of my pistol hosts.
But I did try some 115gr and 124gr fmj using the 12# spring with the same results. I haven't tried any +p...just standard loads, but if these things need real hot supers to run, then I'd probably just leave them unsuppressed.
What brand ammunition? I know some ammunition is weaker than others. Also 147 grain 9mm is ALL subsonic unless you are using +P ammunition. I always had good luck with 147 grain gold dots. Like I said all standard velocity 147 gr 9mm is subsonic. I use SPEER Lawman 147 grainers in my MP5 silenced and my Glock 19.

Back
Top Bottom